Chapter 44: Careful where you touch

The next morning, An Lian woke to find himself dressed in his pyjamas and alone in his bed.

Yu Ming: "An Lian, hurry up! Don't you have a class this morning?"

An Lian jolted out of bed, "Ah!"

An Lian saw no sign of Jian Chen that morning until he got to class. Meeting eyes at the doorway, An Lian chose a seat furthest away from the other man.

But both sides knew this was pretty pointless. Within seconds the people beside An Lian vacated and Jian Chen sat down in their place.

Jian Chen: "Are you sure you don't want to move into my house... Unless you don't mind getting caught..."

An Lian: "Then we just can't do those things!"

Jian Chen replied back with a smile, "You really think I'll hold back?"

An Lian had a feeling Jian Chen wasn't joking.

Jian Chen: "I've got a special plan for tonight-"

An Lian: "Fine! But n-no touching, or anything, in front of other people!"

The thought of getting caught doing those things scared An Lian to death... at least at Jian Chen's house they wouldn't get caught...

Wait... what am I saying! Doesn't this mean I'll let him do those things to me! Haven't I just signed my death warrant!?

An Lian knew it was too late to go back on his word. Jian Chen would hold this against him forever.

An Lian: "On weekends..."

Jian Chen: "Huh?"

An Lian: "We can go there on weekends..."

Jian Chen was more than happy with this offer, "I guess... it's okay like that... for now."

Ahhh

An Lian let his head fall and bang against the desk. But it only hit a soft hand instead. Pushing it away, An Lian sat resting his head on his arms.

After the lecture that day, An Lian had a shift at the café.

Strangely enough, he was really looking forward to it.

He walked to the café with a bounce in his step and cheerfully pushed through the door to be greeted with a familiar warmth and smell.

It was only then, An Lian remembered what had happened the last time he was here.

Ah, that's right... he told me he was gay and I ran away... he probably took it the wrong way...

Wang Yong was cleaning a table when An Lian came in.

An Lian noticed there was a faint frown on the man's face and he felt at fault. As the door chimed Wang Yong looked up and saw An Lian, he faintly smiled before returning to his work.

An Lian saw that the smile looked partially forced...

An Lian walked behind the counter and clumsily put on his apron, tying a messy bow.

As it was afternoon break time, the café was fairly busy for the next hour and the two didn't have a chance to talk much. Once it had calmed down, An Lian took the initiative to say something.

An Lian: "Yesterday..."

Wang Yong: "I'm sorry I said something stupid, please forget it."

An Lian: "No I... I don't mind about those things... you just surprised me."