Chapter 32: A call from home

The next day, An Lian slept in for a long time. When he woke up he had a splitting headache and he could not remember how much he drank the night before.

Jian Chen: "You're awake? How are you feeling An Lian?"

An Lian looked up and saw Jian Chen sitting at his desk, "Ah... Jian Chen, how much did I drink yesterday?"

"You don't remember?"

An Lian shook his head softly.

"You don't remember anything?"

"I... went to the hot-pot place and they gave me a bitter drink... after that... I... don't know."

"I see. Maybe that's best."

"Huh? Did I do something embarrassing."

Jian Chen just chuckled and An Lian really did not want to ask.

"Drink some water An Lian, there's also medicine next to your bed." Yu Ming who was also in the room, said to An Lian who lay face-down on his bed looking miserable.

It was Monday, but as the exams had just finished students were given a week off to relax.

An Lian wasn't sure how to spend his day.

There's nothing to study... maybe I should play Red Dragon Quest, I haven't talked to Storm for a long while... I feel bad for ignoring him.

As An Lian was thinking he received a text message.

Ru Lan – Xiao Lian, are you free today? Let's meet!

Meet with Ru Lan today? I guess that's fine... but why am I so popular these days ToT. I really can't keep up with all these social events.

So An Lian decided he would meet Ru Lan for lunch then spend the rest of his day playing online games. A really good day he thought, smiling to himself.

Jian Chen noticing An Lian's joy asked, "Something good happened?"

An Lain replied, "Ah? Oh, I'm just happy. Today I can spend the whole day relaxing."

Jian Chen: "Have you planned what to do?"

An Lian: "Yup, I'm going to meet Ru Lan then play games."

Jian Chen's happiness was disrupted by the mention of Ru Lan.

Jian Chen: "That... Ru Lan, are you good friends?"

An Lian: "Ah, she's the first girl that has ever wanted to be my friend! She's very nice, girls are good to talk to because they can understand your feelings even when you don't. But she's a bit strange sometimes..."

Jian Chen was feeling slightly frustrated with the bright and happy tone An Lian used to speak about this girl.

Is she really this good to you An Lian?

An Lian completely oblivious to the dark cloud looming over Jian Chen's head picked up some things and got ready for the day.

Meanwhile, Yu Ming sat on his bed watching the whole exchange laughing to himself once An Lian left.

Ru Lan was truly a good friend to An Lian. When she heard the boy had drunk the night before the first thing she did was make sure he was okay.

She offered her advice and recommended things to eat and drink to feel better.

Ru Lan: "An Lian, next time make sure you drink plenty of water and don't eat too many salty snacks while drinking. Did you take medication this morning for your headache? Who brought you home last night?"