Chapter 20: I'm a man

A/N hmmm are we having difficulties with notifications again? :(

An Lian was feeling very nervous to face Raging Storm.

Once he landed in the village, he noticed it was rather busy. Many people seemed to be running around, most likely because Raging Storm was rumoured to be in town.

An Lian tried to stay out of view as he knew it might spark a riot, so he took the outer paths and alleys to wonder around town – he was looking for Storm.

But he knew he had to go to the most crowded areas as this was where Storm would most likely be...

Just then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a figure standing on a roof top near the main town building.

Could it be...?

This place, is where I met him, right?

So An Lian took Little Flower and walked her through the town square to the building. He tried going in and to the roof, but there was no roof access, he figured that Storm must have flown up there. So he went back outside and looked up.

An Lian wasn't sure whether or not Storm was AFK as he wasn't moving.

Little Flower stood at the base of the building looking up.

Finally, An Lian saw movement.

Storm looked down and stared for a while, seemingly contemplating something.

He must have seen me by now, right? Or is he ignoring me...

Unexpectedly, Storm jumped down from the building – landing right in front of Little Flower.

An Lian was suddenly feeling quite small next to Storm's character...

World Chat

Raging Storm: You're here now?

Little Flower: ... There's something I need to tell you...

Raging Storm: Unblock me first. Talk privately.

Of course, as An Lian had blocked Storm, this was all being said in the world chat – with an audience of a couple hundred people.

Many people had started speculating on their own. Things such as, "She want to end things!", "She's pregnant!", "She's having an affair!", were constantly coming up making An Lian feel a bit dizzy.

An Lian went to his menu and unblocked Raging Storm.

Storm then took him to a quiet part of the map. Away from prying eyes.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Why did you leave?

{Private message} Little Flower: ...Storm, why do you play with me?

Jian Chen was a bit taken aback. When he saw Little Flower appear in the village he had many conflicting emotions, but more than anything, he had a sense of relief.

During the time after he discovered Little Flower had left him, many emotions came over him; disbelief, anger, confusion, sadness, loss and abandonment.

The reason why Jian Chen played with Little Flower... well he did not really know. All he knew was that he enjoyed it and felt excitement every time he saw her name come online...

{Private message} Raging Storm: Very obedient

{Private message} Little Flower: Do you... have feelings for me?

{Private message} Raging Storm: I like playing with you.

{Private message} Little Flower: Even if I'm not who you think I am...?

{Private message} Raging Storm: What are you saying? I like you Little Flower, I like playing with you.

{Private message} Little Flower: I'm a man.

There was silence for a while as things sunk in.

Jian Chen was once again, taken aback. He really did not expect Little Flower to be a man. But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. That's why he was uncomfortable with getting married... But why didn't he tell me? He's not the type of person to trick me to get things...

{Private message} Little Flower: I'm sorry if I disappointed you.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Why didn't you tell me sooner?

{Private message} Little Flower: ... I wanted to keep playing together. I'm sorry.

So that's how it is. He thought I would leave him... Jian Chen realised.

Player Little Flower has left the game.

Ah, his wife had run away again.

He better return soon, this husband is getting impatient with waiting.

Jian Chen sent one last message that he hoped Little Flower would see he next time he logged on.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Little Flower, I do not mind if you are a man, I still want to play with you. So don't run away again! At least say goodbye or I will chase you forever. 

Jian Chen was satisfied and also logged off.

He sat in his chair and leaned back, reflecting on what had happened.

An Lian, who was also still sitting at his desk, noticed Jian Chen's improved mood.

I wonder what happened? He looks happy all of a sudden...

An Lian went to bed earlier that night, after all, it had been a long day and he was feeling physically and emotionally drained.

The next day he was woken up by a phone call from his aunt.

She was telling him that he had to come back home immediately. An Lian tried to explain that he had class today but his aunt was not interested.

"Just hurry up, there's something urgent to discuss!"

An Lian just sighed and told her he'll try to get there as soon as he can.

Jian Chen was also awake and overheard some of the phone call.

Jian Chen: "You're going?"

An Lian replied, "I don't think I have a choice. I don't want to anger my aunt..."

"I can drive you, we can get there quickly."

"No that's okay, I'm going to miss class anyway, there's no need for you to get dragged into this too."

"I really don't mind."

"It's okay... you don't have to."

"If that's what you want..."

An Lian didn't pack much this time as he was hoping it wouldn't be a long trip, hopefully he could be back in a few hours...

---------

A/N

...I know I said I would update tomorrow...

But I felt bad as I left you with a cliffhanger :), also I'm supposed to be studying right now.

I have an exam this afternoon but all highways and roads are closed due to flooding... :/

I hope everyone is doing well, I think I've caught something. My neck and under my jaw is slightly swollen and I'm really tired these days T-T. 

Bye bye

- Light