Chapter 22: Sleeping over

Go to... Jian Chen's house?

An Lian thought it over for a moment.

I don't want Xi Jun or Yu Ming to see me like this... and I definitely can't go home...

An Lian nodded his head - He didn't want to speak, afraid his voice would break again.

Jian Chen saw An Lian's weak nod and started driving, luckily his place was close by – one of the reasons he offered to take An Lian there. Not to mention, he didn't want to take him back to the dorm in this condition, and clearly something happened between An Lian and his family so he couldn't go back there.

Not even five minutes after they set off, An Lian fell asleep.

He must be exhausted...

Jian Chen thought looking over at the sleeping boy next to him.

They drove in silence for about twenty minutes until Jian Chen arrived at his house.

It was a modern house built in the newer, recently constructed part of town. This house had been bought by Jian Chen's parents as a place to stay.

Both near university and the city centre, so he could visit the family house and travel to the campus. But Jian Chen decided to stay at the dormitory buildings, insisting it would be part of the university experience. Which meant this house was empty.

Jian Chen didn't want to wake up An Lian who was sleeping so peacefully, so he went out of the car and to the passenger's side as quietly as possible.

He carefully opened the door, unbuckled An Lian's seat belt, and gently picked him up in his arms.

He carried the boy to the front door, noting how light he was, and unlocked it with the hand supporting An Lian's back.

It was dark when Jian Chen entered but he didn't want to turn on the lights and wake An Lian, so he made his way to the bedroom in the dark.

Once there, he softly set down An Lian on the bed.

An Lian shifted a little and grabbed onto the edges of the coat pulling it closer to him.

Cute.

Jian Chen pulled the blanket over An Lian and left the room.

He made sure to turn on the heating and start up a warm bath – after all, An Lian had been sitting out in the cold- he needed to warm up.

Jian Chen returned to the room once the bath was ready.

He sat down at the edge of the bed watching An Lian sleep. It was very peaceful and Jian Chen didn't want to wake him – but he knew he had to, An Lian couldn't stay in those wet clothes.

So he got up and sat next to An Lian, gently leaning over to brush some hair out of his face.

"Xiao Lian?" Jian Chen softy called, stroking the boy's soft cheek.

"Hmm..." An Lian grumbled, scrunched up his eyebrows and turned around slightly.

"Hehe... An Lian, you have to wake up and take a bath now." Jian Chen spoke slightly louder, laughing faintly at An Lian's cute response.

Slowly, An Lian blinked open his eyes, staring up at the man next to him.

It took him a good ten seconds before his eyes opened up wide and he hastily sat up, face flushing pink.

"W-where am I?" An Lian asked avoiding eye contact.

Jian Chen: "I took you to my house, you were sleeping."

An Lian: "O-oh..."

Jian Chen, sensing An Lian's awkwardness, continued, "Come, I've prepared a bath, you are still in your wet clothes from sitting in the snow. Get in and heat up, I've left you some spare clothes to wear inside. I'll make some food while you bathe."

"Okay..." An Lian got up and followed Jian Chen to the bathroom, but before the door closed and Jian Chen turned to leave, he grabbed his sleeve.

"This... thank-you Jian Chen... I'm sorry that I'm bothering you-"

He was stopped mid-sentence as Jian Chen ruffled his hair,

"It's okay An Lian. Next time, call me right away, okay?"

An Lian wasn't used to so much attention and care and didn't know exactly how to respond to it, so he just shyly smiled and lowered his head.

An Lian took his bath feeling somewhat strange, Jian Chen is really nice... I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't come...

As he was drying off he spotted the clothes Jian Chen had set out for him.

Aren't these too big? Better this than what I had before I guess...

An Lian put on a white shirt which fell halfway down his thighs, barely an inch above the bottom of the black boxer shorts.

He looked in the mirror and felt slightly uncomfortable. Luckily the house was warm now... But still, this was a bit...

He pulled on some socks and made his way out of the bathroom.

The moment he opened the door he was met with a heavenly smell. He followed his nose to the kitchen where Jian Chen stood at the stove with his sleeves rolled up wearing an apron - spoon in hand.

Jian Chen turned around and gave An Lian a once-over before asking, "Are you hungry?"

An Lian was reminded of how little he had actually eaten today and nodded his head.

Jian Chen smiled and asked, "Come here and have a taste." [A/N wiggles eyebrows suggestively]

An Lian walked over to where Jian Chen was standing. Jian Chen carefully put some of what he was cooking on to the spoon and blew softly before bringing it to An Lian's mouth.

He watched carefully as An Lian opened his mouth and ate the food.

Jian Chen: "Is it okay?"

"Mmm." An Lian replied nodding his head vigorously.

Jian Chen: "It's almost done, go wait at the table I'll bring it over."

And so, An Lian and Jian Chen sat at the table together and peacefully ate the meal.

An Lian learnt a few things today; One, Jian Chen is a good cook, two, Jian Chen is a nice person, and three, An Lian learnt what it felt like to have someone care for you.

Overall, An Lian was feeling very happy. 

---------

A/N

Hi everyone,

I'm still very busy so this week I might only publish two chapters... I'm really sorry :(.

I hope everyone is well, I'm not sick anymore so that's good.

I'll see you again later this week.

Ah and happy Easter!

- Light 

[P.S we might finally have some progress next chapter]