Bonus Chapter: Part I

An Lian was sulking.

Thanks to a certain someone, he was dreading the next few days immensely. Not only would he have to walk up several flights of stairs throughout the day, Jian Chen made it a point to make his mark. Luckily it was still cool, so An Lian would not be called out for wearing a turtleneck.

To make matters worse, Jian Chen insisted on acting like a complete gentleman – opening doors and pulling out seats for An Lian.

Hey! I'm not some pregnant lady!

Every time Jian Chen would perform these gestures, An Lian had the urge to turn away and pretend not to know the other.

The second An Lian and Jian Chen stepped into the dorm Yu Ming ran up and claimed the smaller. He shouted words of profanity at Jian Chen who didn't seem to be paying attention. Rather, he simply walked over, grabbed An Lian, and sat down.

Jian Chen: "Xi Jun, you must really be a masochist..."

Yu Ming turned bright red and yelled at Jian Chen "You shut your mouth!"

An Lian looked between the two in confusion, "What's a masochist?".

Jian Chen turned his mocking smirk into a loving smile and replied to An Lian, "It's when Xi Jun likes-"

Yu Ming: "SHUT UP! Don't say another word you pervert!"

Yu Ming had grabbed a bottle of water and threatened to throw it, aiming at Jian Chen's head. Xi Jun, who had been sitting on the sidelines finally stepped up and took Yu Ming away, resulting in himself receiving minor injuries.

An Lian watched as his two strange friends dramatically exited the room. He innocently looked up at Jian Chen, seeking answers. Jian Chen swooned at his cuteness and kissed the boy's head. He gently patted down An Lian's hair, "Let's go to class, we have the same lecture."

An Lian nodded and the past few minutes left his mind as he started getting ready his things to leave.

When the two walked down the stairs, they noticed there was some kind of congestion of people near the entrance. Curious, An Lian stood up on his toes to see what the commotion was. Jian Chen laughed under his breath seeing An Lian's struggle. Jian Chen easily saw over the heads of the crowd, and when his eyes met a certain person, he frowned.

"Ah, there you are. Decided to show your face? Come, let me introduce you to my friends."

The crowd parted as the man spoke. An Lian didn't have to see his face to know who he was – Wang Yong, his ex-co-worker.

An Lian was feeling slightly agitated, What is this guy doing here?

Not frightened in the least, An Lian stepped forward.

Wang Yong was bandaged up and deep purple bruises littered his skin. Standing with him were some rough biker-looking guys, the group was blocking the door, preventing people from leaving. Seeing An Lian step forward so arrogantly, the men sneered and laughed, one spat on the floor before smirking and saying, "Please don't tell me this is the guy. I'd feel bad for punching his pretty little face."

An Lian gave the unruly looking man his best look of distaste then turned to Wang Yong, "Didn't Jian Chen beat you up enough, you're blocking the way!"

Seeing his little wife act so brave, Jian Chen felt a smile form on his lips. He walked forward and wrapped an arm around the boy's middle – bringing him back slightly to lean on his chest.

Jian Chen's loving smile quickly disappeared as he glared back at the group of men, "Move."

The gang laughed sardonically, scaring some of the innocent students trying to get to their classes. Xi Jun and Yu Ming appeared out of the crowd from behind An Lian and Jian Chen.