Bonus Chapter: Part II

A/N Surprise! Another chapter, one more to go and we are DONE. ^*^

It had been weeks since An Lian heard from his family.

He knew Jian Chen had paid them a visit a while ago regarding the money agreement, and they have been completely silent since. Knowing Jian Chen's influence and resources, An Lian could only hope he didn't do something drastic.

Jian Chen doing "Nothing much" could mean anything.

Not being able to hold in his curiosity any longer, An Lian tried asking Jian Chen again, "Jian Chen ah, what did you really say to my aunt that time? They haven't contacted me in weeks..."

Jian Chen moved himself closer and whispered in a husky voice, "You really want to know?"

An Lian firmly pushed the other away, "Jian Chen!"

Jian Chen: "Ha, don't worry too much about it. Aren't you happy they won't bother you again?"

An Lian: "You're making it sound like you had them killed!"

There was no answer from Jian Chen. An Lian immediately felt panic and looked for his phone. Finding it, he dialled his aunt's number. Jian Chen watched with an amused look on his face.

Aunt: "Who is this?"

An Lian paused for a moment - while he was glad his aunt was still alive, he really did not plan for what he was going to say if she picked up.

An Lian: "Um... aunty it's An Lian."

Aunt: "An Lian!?"

An Lian: "Ah-"

Aunt: "You have to come back! Our family is in poverty! The money on my account has been taken and there are people threatening our family!"

An Lian looked over at Jian Chen who smiled back innocently.

An Lian: "I'll come by tomorrow."

An Lian hung up the call and let out a sigh, Well, they aren't dead...

Jian Chen: "Is something wrong?"

Jian Chen saw the angry look on the boy's face, "Okay, don't be mad, I only took back what was yours. The funds on that women's account is your inheritance from your parents. Her fraud is currently under investigation, you'll get back all your money soon."

An Lian chewed on his lip on contemplation, "I'm going to see them tomorrow."

Jian Chen gazed at An Lian's lips lost in thought.

Jian Chen: "You want me to come with you?"

An Lian: "I don't think that's-"

Jian Chen: "Great, wake up early tomorrow it's a long drive."

A sigh escaped An Lian's mouth as he realised he really could not change Jian Chen's mind when it was set on something.

Jian Chen: "Don't pout, I promise to behave myself."

Seeing his little wife's distressed expression, Jian Chen felt the urge to pamper and dote on him. An Lian really knew how to push all of his buttons. He cuddled the boy tightly all night long until the sun rose.

The pair set off in Jian Chen's car on their mini road-trip to 'meet the family'.

There was no need to look up the address as Jian Chen had visited once before. The very thought of this sent shivers down An Lian's spine, and he nervously glanced to his side at the man focused on the road.