Chapter 33: Where are you touching!?

Despite falling asleep easily, An Lian had anything but an easy sleep.

He was awoken in the night from a nightmare. He couldn't quite remember what it was about but he could not fall back asleep.

Tossing and turning for over an hour many thoughts crossed his mind.

Does that mean I'll be working laborious jobs for the rest of my life?

What about my friends here, will I ever see them again?

If I move I can't play online games anymore either, I'll be too busy working and the internet is unsuitable for playing.

After many minutes of contemplation, An Lian sat up and grabbed his laptop. Making a small cavern under his blanket he logged on the Red Dragon Quest.

He felt a great sadness walking around the city. He quietly said goodbye and sent a message to Storm.

{Private message} Little Flower: Storm, something has come up recently and I don't think I can play with you as often anymore. I'm really sorry, but this was all just joking around anyway right? You should find yourself a better wife in-game and real life too! We can still be friends, but I don't know when I'll get the chance to play again, so until then... goodbye I guess.

An Lian really didn't want to end on a bad note, but he thought it would be better to be direct. He wanted to be more positive but at the same time he didn't want to make promises he couldn't keep.

An Lian wasn't sure what was in store for him in the future, if he was going to leave everything behind he wanted to make sure to there were no loose threads.

Turning off his laptop and shutting the screen he sat in lonely darkness for a while.

He rested his head on his hands as he tried closing his eyes to get some sleep.

---------

The next morning An Lian was in no mood to do anything.

He hadn't gotten much sleep and was sick of laying in his bed. So he grabbed his coat and went out for a walk. While out, his aunt called again to tell him to come home and help pack. He took the first bus and accepted his fate.

Jian Chen was surprised in the morning to find An Lian missing. The boy had gone to sleep early the night before and he hasn't had a chance to talk to him.

Where could he be?

Slightly worried he asked Xi Jun who was sitting on his bed.

Xi Jun: "Hm, maybe he's on a date? Hahaha."

Jian Chen: "Xi Jun, don't fool around. You really don't know where he went?"

Xi Jun replied defensively, "No really, my friend showed me something yesterday. I think An Lian really has a girlfriend!"

Jian Chen frowned. This is highly unlikely.

Xi Jun: "Really really! Here, look!"

Xi Jun jumped off his bed and ran over to Jian Chen's side. He quickly looked through his phone before pointing the screen at Jian Chen's face.

Xi Jun: "Yesterday, a friend of mine was out and he recognised An Lian from a window. We had gone out to eat hot-pot before. He was standing with a girl and then they hugged too! He thought it was cute so he took a picture!"

Jian Chen looked at the picture in disbelief.

In it, An Lian - his An Lian, was clearly, tightly hugging a girl. His face was buried in her shoulder but Jian Chen could still easily tell it was An Lian.