Chapter 12: Bathroom Incident

A/N: Read in a quiet place where no one can judge you ^^.

An Lian had heard Jian Chen undressing on the other side of the bathroom, but he would never have expected him to come over and sit next to him. 

Ah! Why does he have to come over here when there are so many empty spots T-T. Is he really going to sit right there?

An Lian glimpsed and saw Jian Chen come over with nothing but a small towel around his waist.

...AH! I looked, I've seen too much! Too much! Please have mercy on me, I've been good I promise, why must I be stuck in these social situations...

The main reasons An Lian hated going to the bathroom when it was busy comprised of two things; One, people would try to start conversations – An Lian hated unnecessary social interactions and felt pressured, two, well, there was a lot on show... An Lian was a modest person and being 'assaulted' by that much skin made him uneasy. Not only did he feel exposed, but others would gladly flaunt it.

Overall An Lian felt embarrassed.

Not to mention, many people would mistake him for a girl ah.

Once he sat down, Jian Chen looked over at An Lian and noticed his shaky actions.

"You didn't have class today?" Jian Chen asked trying to start a conversation.

An Lian: "Ah, no. I spent the day studying."

An Lian didn't look up once, his brown bangs covering his eyes as he scrubbed his arms.

A long silence followed this small talk while the two washed themselves. Gradually the other two boys in the room dressed and left, leaving just An Lian and Jian Chen.

"An Lian, you missed a spot." Jian Chen reached over to brush away some shampoo behind An Lian's ear. An Lian looked up at Jian Chen's close proximity, and their eyes met.

Without warning, Jian Chen's towel slipped.

An Lian's eyes fell before quickly turning away, he had gone red to the ears.

AHHHHH!!!! I saw! I saw everything! Please cleanse my eyes!!! Why do these things happen to me... TOT

Jian Chen quickly picked up his towel and covered 'that' before An Lian almost fainted.

The usually cold bathroom suddenly felt very hot...

The air was tense as nobody had the courage to speak first. An Lian and Jian Chen awkwardly avoided eye contact. Finally, An Lian was surprisingly the first to speak up.

"I'll be going now..."

An Lian adjusted the towel on his lap so when he stood up he could quickly wrap it around his waist. He bent down to pick up his shower supplies and turned to leave.

But luck was really not on his side, as he walked away, he slipped.

Jian Chen was not fast enough to catch him and An Lian ended up on all fours facing away from Jian Chen. His towel on the floor beneath him...

An Lian did not linger like that for long and was quick to clumsily get up - picking up his towel to rush away toward his clothes.

Jian Chen forgot to breathe for a while...

... An Lian...

His mind was completely blank.

By the time he returned to his senses An Lian was dressed and gone, leaving him alone in the large bathroom, the sounds of water dripping occupying the space.

The towel on his lap was not sitting quite right anymore...

Suddenly, he heard talking and a group of people approach the bathroom. He swiftly got up and ran to his clothes, just as he got there the door opened and people flooded in. Jian Chen stood awkwardly with his towel in front of him at his clothes waiting for the people to go to the shower side. A few greeted him and tried to start conversations but Jian Chen brushed them off and carefully got dressed.

After that, he rushed out of the bathroom.

------

Once An Lian had returned to his dorm he slammed the door and ran to his bed to hide under the blankets.

Yu Ming and Xi Jun, who had just witnessed this, were startled - they had never seen An Lian behaving like this.

"Xiao Lian? What's the matter?" Xi Jun questioned.

"I-It's n-nothing. I'm just cold." An Lian shakily replied.

But Yu Ming was concerned and went over to the boy who had now turned into a cocoon.

Yu Ming felt his forehead and noticed it was a bit warm... his face was also bright red.

Yu Ming: "Are you sick again?"

An Lian shook his head.

"You're really that cold?"

An Lian nodded his head.

Aw my poor Xiao Lian. Why are you so cute today?

Yu Ming shuffled over next to An Lian and put his arm around his shoulders.

"It's okay, quickly warm up."

An Lian was happy he had a friend like Yu Ming who was always looking out for him. An Lian didn't have any brothers but he saw Yu Ming as his slightly tsundere [cold on the outside, warm on the inside] older brother.

They stayed like this for a while until An Lian had calmed down and Jian Chen returned.

The second Jian Chen returned, he narrowed his eyes at the sight before him.

An Lian, why are Yu Ming's arms around you? What are they doing?

Sensing Jian Chen's notorious glare on him, Yu Ming felt a little annoyed.

Yu Ming: "Ah, Jian Chen you have returned – An Lian was feeling a little cold so I'm helping to heat him up."

Yu Ming said this with a smile, challenging Jian Chen's stare.

Truthfully, Yu Ming had been watching Jian Chen for a while, and he knew the kind of stares he was giving An Lian, whether or not Jian Chen knew it himself, Yu Ming saw it all. So, Yu Ming's overly protective mother instincts kicked in. Don't think I'll just hand out An Lian!

An Lian insisted that he was fine, and Yu Ming let him go. The first thing An Lian did was log on to his laptop and start up Red Dragon Quest – he needed to get his mind off certain things and relax.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Hello my wife~

An Lian - T_T

---------

A/N

I don't have much to say today...

I must have been in a strange mood writing this chapter XD. 

Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter! I love you all very much ah!

- Light