Chapter 29: I'll always catch you

Jian Chen could almost not believe the words he just heard.

He hasn't eaten because he has no money?

Jian Chen grabbed An Lian's hand, "Why didn't you say so sooner? I will buy you food for the next few days until the end of the month."

An Lian: "Oh, no you don't-"

Jian Chen stated firmly, "An Lian, I'm not discussing this any further. You can repay me later; Your health is most important."

An Lian looked unsure for a while but Jian Chen left no room for disagreement.

Jian Chen urged An Lian to take a break and eat something.

Later that day, Jian Chen once again bought An Lian a delicious looking meal and closely monitored his eating. He also made sure An Lian didn't work until too late and got a good night's sleep.

By the time exams were finally over, all students looked like the walking dead.

The air was gloomy and most people felt at the brink of death.

An Lian also felt the toll of the last two weeks on his mind and body.

Luckily, thanks to Jian Chen, An Lian was not as bad as he would have been if he had completely neglected his health, but the stress of the exams were enough to fully exhaust him.

Walking back to his dormitory was a difficult task. The long flights of stairs dragged on as An Lian forced his body to climb up.

Once he finally reached his floor he stopped to catch his breath.

Was I always this out of shape?

"An Lian."

An Lian heard his name being called and turned his head to the familiar voice.

An Lian: "Oh, Xi Jun, Jian Chen you've finished your exams too?"

But right as An Lian finished his sentence he felt a cold shiver run through his body as his vision began to blacken.

"An Lian!"

--------

When An Lian awoke, he way lying in the school infirmary.

Behind the curtains he could faintly see the silhouettes of four people talking.

Making out the voices he could tell three of those belonged to Yu Ming, Xi Jun and Jian Chen. The last must be the doctor.

"He most likely has over-worked himself and fainted from stress. This is nothing serious but you should make sure it doesn't happen again in the future. Make sure he drinks plenty of water and gets sufficient sleep."

"Yes Doctor. I'll take care of him."

Yu Ming?

The doctor left the room and the three people drew back the curtain to find An Lian had woken up.

"An Lian, you're awake!" Yu Ming was the first to rush over, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking An Lian's hand.

An Lian: "I'm okay... maybe I just didn't get enough sleep."

Xi Jun: "An Lian you really scared me ah! Good thing Jian Chen was quick to catch you! What if we hadn't been there!?"

Xi Jun made his way over to An Lian's other side and hugged the boy roughly.

Yu Ming: "Xi Jun be careful! He has only just woken up, he is still delicate!"

An Lian could only smile watching his two friends argue.