Chapter 10: Let's get married

A/N Okay, it seems like notifications are working again! If you missed it, I did post a chapter two days ago (Ch 9). Here's an early chapter for you guys!

-------

An Lian was really enjoying playing this game. He had friends that talked to him and helped him. They would keep him company and entertained.

But today, An Lian realised something that made his spirit drop a bit.

Little Flower and Raging Storm set off on their way to the next area that Little Flower had finally  reached the level for. In this area was the main city of the continent – the Bronze City.

Each of the five main continents in Red Dragon Quest had a major city in which the character had access to most of the features in the game. These were called the; Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Obsidian Cities.

There was a lot to do in these cities.

In the Bronze City there was the major bank- which gave players access to guild banks and extra storage space. The commercial Hub was the center of the city where most trading went on, a large auction house was here too. As well as this, the streets were lined with interesting shops offering varying services.

Dyeing clothes, hairdressers, food stalls, armour shops, pet supplies, weapons- you name it and there was a shop for it.

It was really convenient for players to have all these things in the same place, where as the towns in the regions only offered some of these services, meaning the city was packed with players.

Suddenly Jian Chen got an idea.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Little Flower, let's get married.

In the major cities was a sacred place where two players could 'get married'. This feature had recently been added to the game to get players to bring their spouse's online. This somewhat backfired as players would get married to their friends to receive the bonuses instead.

A married pair would be able to resurrect and cast special buffs on each other while playing, as well as receiving titles of 'Husband of...' and 'Wife of...'. There were several other things a married couple could do such as instantly teleporting to the other's location – potentially making two experienced players OP [Over powered].

Many things happened in the span of ten seconds for An Lian.

He was casually dealing with a vendor when he read the message Raging Storm sent. At first, he just stared at it for about three seconds – then it hit him. He panicked and jumped back in his chair making his legs hit the underside of the desk, this created a loud bang in the room.

Yu Ming was the first to say something, "An Lian, what happened are you okay?"

Jian Chen was also pulled out of his game from the loud sound which came from An Lian's direction.

"An Lian?" he asked worried.

After wincing in pain for a second, An Lian recovered, "Um, I'm okay... I was just nodding off when I woke suddenly, hahaha...".

Yu Ming and Jian Chen gave him one last look confirming he was okay before returning to their laptops.

Once An Lian had composed himself again his mind went back to the matter at hand.

M-marriage...was it a mistake. But he clearly used my name....ahhh, what am I supposed to say!?

{Private message} Raging Storm: Little Flower...?

{Private message} Little Flower: .......

{Private message} Little Flower: Hahaha Storm that's not very funny, don't joke around like this

An Lian nervously typed.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Not joking. The marriage NPC is right over there in the temple.

A cold shiver ran up An Lian's spine before his face began to turn red, luckily the dorm room was semi-dark and no one could clearly see An Lian's face right now.

That's right, he doesn't know I'm actually a boy... Don't tell me he has feeling for me! Oh no this isn't good I should clear things up right away!

An Lian's face, if possible, went more red.

All this time... he's been helping me, introducing me to his friends and playing with me because... he thinks I'm a girl. What would he say if he found out... curse me out? Then we won't play together anymore right?

An Lian suddenly felt great grief in his heart, he would be abandoned by his new friends and once again, alone.

He really didn't know what to say.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Married couples get bonuses and teleporting ability, that way it will be easier for me to come to you.

{Private message} Raging Storm: Many people get married in the game for the perks, don't think too much about it.

Jian Chen was afraid he might have scared the little girl away. He really did mean what he said, many players do get married for the benefits given by the game. But, while the whole marriage thing came to him spontaneously, he also felt strange excitement from the idea which is why he tried it. He was really curious to how she would react, but it seems she has run away!

Meanwhile the cogs were turning in An Lian's head.

There's bonuses to married couples? That's why he wants to do it... I don't know...AHHH...I want to keep playing with him, so I guess I have to! This is just for the marriage bonuses, nothing else!

{Private message} Little Flower: Okay...

Finally getting a response from Little Flower, Jian Chen was relieved. So the two headed toward the temple to complete the ceremony and get married.

The temple was fairly empty only one other couple stood unmoving near the wall. Little Flower and Raging Storm walked up to the NPC who bestowed the vows and wed the couples. The process was fairly quick for the two as they opted out of doing any of the fancy celebratory stuff. They just accepted the declarations and quietly got married.

Now sitting on top of Little Flower's head was;

Wife of Raging Storm - Little Flower [Hero's Pilgrimage]

An Lian felt slightly uneasy and embarrassed right now...

-------

A/N

Hello, author here!

Plot moving along... I hope you're enjoying it. I know it's painful sometimes how obvious it is that Little Flower is An Lian, but let's just play along for now - don't worry, Jian Chen will find out, just not yet. 

It looks like notifications are fixed... for now.

Bye bye!

- Light