Chapter 38: Attacked

After leaving the roof and walking down the stairs, An Lian finally snapped back to reality.

OMG! Jian Chen kissed me! I just slapped a girl! But Jian Chen kissed me!!!

Jian Chen was still holding An Lian's hand as he walked slightly in front of the boy, pulling him along. An Lian realised they were heading back to the dormitory.

Wait wait wait. But we're alone in there! There's nowhere to hide! Yu Ming where are you!? Come back right now, I'm in danger!

An Lian was panicking slightly. He was very nervous to be alone with Jian Chen after what just happened.

Jian Chen noticed the small warm hand in his grasp was shaking and stopped to turn around. Tilting his head slightly, Jian Chen teased, "Everything okay Xiao Lian? Did my kiss leave you breathless?"

Sensing Jian Chen teasing him, An Lian turned his head to the side and exclaimed, "Humph". An Lian knew he was trying to elicit a response out of him, and he wasn't going to be that easy.

Jian Chen chuckled, he was quite satisfied. It seems, An Lian didn't hate him. He was just nervous.

We can work on that...

Jian Chen thought to himself while staring at the blushing youth.

Turning back around, he continued dragging the boy back to their dorm room. Once outside, Jian Chen opened the door and pulled An Lian, who was putting up some resistance, in.

Jian Chen immediately caught An Lian's arm before he could run away to hide under his blankets.

Pushing him softly against the door, Jian Chen trapped the smaller between his arms.

An Lian wasn't sure where to look and kept nervously glancing around. Jian Chen caught the boy's chin and held it steady.

Meer centimetres apart, Jian Chen's deep voice broke the tense silence, "Xiao Lian, I really love you."

An Lian's face could not get any redder, and Jian Chen's hand was preventing him from turning away. So An Lian closed his eyes tightly to escape the situation.

"Are you inviting me to kiss you again?" Jian Chen asked flirtatiously.

"Ah!? An Lian's eyes shot open and he held gazes with the man in front of him. An Lian tried with all his might to be brave, but he felt his defences shattering more every second.

Jian Chen didn't want to completely scar the boy, so he backed away, ruffling his An Lian's soft hair first.

An Lian covered his head with his hands in defence, "W-why do you keep touching my hair?"

"It looks good to touch." Jian Chen replied with a smile.

Once again, An Lian looked away in embarrassment.

"Don't worry so much An Lian, I won't force myself on to you." Jian Chen paused, "Unless you want that?"

!!!

An Lian was done with Jian Chen's teasing and crossed his arms over his chest, "I haven't even said that I like you yet!"

Jian Chen raised his brows, "Well, do you?"

"I... ah" Realising the predicament An Lian got himself into, he could help but to curse his own mouth!

Jian Chen helped the boy out, "It's okay if you don't yet. I'll just have to work harder."

An Lian was slightly fearful of what Jian Chen meant by "work harder".

However, he could not ponder for too long as their conversation was abruptly interrupted, much to An Lian's relief, with the arrival of Yu Ming.