Chapter 26: A grand wedding

An Lian was having mixed emotions.

First of all, there was the matter of being Storm's wife in game again... Then, there were the events of the last few hours with Jian Chen.

It was simply too embarrassing.

An Lian didn't know what to do or who to talk to about it.

He had never felt so many emotions in such a short span of time, it was all new to him and frankly, a bit overwhelming.

As An Lian was absentmindedly walking down a corridor, tightly clutching his textbook to his chest, and deep in thought, Ru Lan approached him.

"An Lian? Is everything okay, you look a bit... on edge?" Ru Lan asked, worry laced in her voice.

An Lian almost didn't hear Ru Lan as he was still in his own little world.

An Lian: "I'm okay... I think. There's just a lot on my mind."

Ru Lan: "Anything you want to talk about? You know, a problem shared is a problem halved."

An Lian smiled at Ru Lan, it was nice to have someone willing to listen to him. An Lian wasn't sure why, but he trusted this girl. But the problem was, he did not know how to explain his matter to the girl...

An Lian: "Ru Lan, why am I feeling so strange lately?"

"Strange?" Ru Lan inquired.

An Lian continued, "There's a tight feeling in my chest, sometimes my mind just blanks out and I feel weak all over."

Ru Lan prodded further, "Like butterflies in your stomach and shivers throughout your body?"

An Lian nodded.

"When these things happen, what are you doing?" And more importantly, who are you with. Ru Lan continued asking.

An Lian quickly looked down, What do I tell her? That it's when Jian Chen teases me...

"Um well..." An Lian mumbled.

Ru Lan smiled brightly, it was just as she thought.

Ru Lan: "An Lian, do you dislike the feeling?"

An Lian looked up curiously. He thought about it for a minute before answering, "Don't dislike it...but..."

"Then it's no problem right? Don't be so sad An Lian, it will all make sense one day." Ru Lan finished before patting An Lian's head and walking away.

She's right... I think. It's not that I dislike the feelings, it's just a bit scary to me experiencing all these strange things.

But what's this about it making sense one day?

An Lian took Ru Lan's advice and tried not to let things get to him. After all, Storm and Jian Chen were just joking around, An Lian shouldn't take it too seriously.

An Lian started feeling a bit more positive after this thought, and continued his day as per usual.

Later that evening, An Lian decided to face one of his fears – Raging Storm. The man had proposed the last time he played and An Lian simply ran away again.

This time, An Lian would not run away again. He thought he was simply over thinking things... If he acted like this Storm would only tease him more! So he needed to be more brave!

The moment he logged into the game, before Storm could even greet him, Little Flower appeared right in front of him.

Little Flower: Storm, let's get married.

World chat

BlueShadow: AHHHHH!

Lulu: !!!!

XX: The wife returns!

HeavensRage: So bold...

Lulu: Stay away from my man! You don't deserve him!

-----

An Lian: Whoops...I was in such a rush... I said it in the world chat. ToT

I must not back away now!

Raging Storm: ... my wife

Raging Storm: When did you get this direct?

An Lian: [-_-#]

Little Flower: Want to or not!

Jian Chen was very shocked. He could simply not stop smiling.

Raging Storm: Of course I want to ah.

Momomo: O.O

Momomo: WEDDING!!!

MXC: Congratulations

Blue Moon: Shall we have an official ceremony?

Jian Chen decided that this time they would not have a secret wedding but instead a grand public wedding.

The troop of players made their way to the Bronze City and straight to the temple for marriage.

In front of the temple was a small vendor selling wedding gowns and flower petals players could purchase and throw at the wed couple for luck buffs that last a whole week after marriage.

The guild, as well as players from the public, swarmed into the temple to view the marriage. The hall was packed with players eager to see what was going on.

Some players were upset Storm was getting married, some confused with the commotion, but most were happily congratulating the pair.

This time when they were asked if they want to participate in the wedding celebrations Little Flower and Raging Storm selected yes.

The events started with the couple getting into their wedding attire – which for An Lian's character was a big white dress embellished with gold....

Storm on the other hand got to wear a handsome suit with a matching colour scheme.

The two stood side by side as the surrounding players threw flower petals out above them – it was truly a grand sight.

Then they went to the top of the stair case and accepted their vows.

The events concluded with the newly weds getting into a carriage that stood outside the building to take them on a tour of the city.

In the game is was customary that if a couple got married, and agreed to it, a small firework display would showcase during the ceremonial tour.

Throughout the whole event, Jian Chen couldn't help staring at the boy sitting at the desk opposite.

An Lian had a bright smile plastered on his face as he looked at his screen, and Jian Chen felt truly content at heart.

An Lian, just wait... I'll marry you again in this life too.

{Private message} WinterSnow: Wait wait wait, you know this wife is a man right? [A/N Remember her? Meng Ying]

{Private message} Raging Storm: I know this. So I'll warn you once, stay away from him.

------------

A/N

Hi hi! It's your author here,

We should be back to usual updates now.

What do you think of the story progression so far? Yay my boy got married (again)*stands in the crowd holding a tissue, sobbing*

I still have to move houses and I'm applying for a job later today, but it shouldn't interfere with updates. The adult life is tough.

But anyway, I'll always make time for this story!

See you in a bit,

Bye!

- Light