Chapter 41: I love him

A/N Ha, bet you didn't expect a double update!

The next day would be the last day of the break before classes started again.

An Lian had been put on for work that day and was feeling less nervous this time. He hastily got ready and made his way to the café.

An Lian was greeted with a sweet smell as he pushed through the door, and found Wang Yong serving a customer. He made his way behind the counter and put on apron.

Wang Yong had shown him yesterday how to tie it correctly but An Lian was struggling slightly.

Before he could figure it out, large hands went around his waist and tied the apron so a small bow sat in the front.

An Lian turned around to see Wang Yong smiling at him, "Ah, thank you Wang Yong."

Wang Yong replied, "I told you Xiao Lian, you can call me Ge."

An Lian, "Um, thank you Ge."

Wang Yong: "Come, let me show you how the register works."

Wang Yong's eyes did not leave An Lian for one moment as he served customers and cleaned tables. The boy had a really pleasant face and polite voice that made customers swoon.

At the end of An Lian's shift, Wang Yong asked him one last question, "Xiao Lian, do you have a girlfriend?"

An Lian, who was cleaning his last table, stopped suddenly, "Girlfriend? Oh, no..."

Wang Yong: "Perhaps... a boyfriend."

To this, An Lian blushed deep red, "N-no I..." Jian Chen's image then flashed in An Lian's mind, w-we... aren't boyf- dating... right? He just likes me...

The word "boyfriend" sent shivers down An Lian's spine and he couldn't even say it without blushing.

Seeing An Lian's reaction, Wang Yang felt a grin form on his face, "It's okay An Lian, actually, I'm gay too."

An Lian was shocked, "I'm not-"

Just then a customer walked in the café. The two were forced to end their conversation and An Lian hurried to finish and leave. Before he walked out the door however, his arm was grabbed.

"Do you find me disgusting?" Wang Yong asked An Lian, sadness laced in his voice.

An Lian stopped for a moment before turning back, "I don't think it's disgusting Ge. Be brave."

Walking back to the dormitory, An Lian slowed down.

When he first heard Wang Yong confess he was gay, An Lian was extremely surprised. His reaction caused him to want to run away from fear of being discovered, and An Lian realised too late how this must have looked to Wang Yong.

Am I gay?

An Lian had never thought he was gay.

Sure, he wasn't really attracted to girls. But he wasn't really attracted to guys either...

Considering this thought, a memory of Jian Chen's toned upper body flashed in An Lian's mind, causing him to blush profusely.

When did this happen?

An Lian couldn't deny Jian Chen made him feel strange.

Do I love him?

An Lian stopped by a bench in the park and sat down. He really felt like crying and he wasn't sure why.

Admitting he had feeling for Jian Chen in his heart, that he loved someone for the first time in his life, caused him to feel a surge of emotions.

Fear and joy.

An Lian wasn't sad, it was almost as if a great weight had been lifted.

I really do love him.

"An Lian?"

Amidst his emotional awakening, An Lian heard someone calling to him. Looking up, he saw Jian Chen running his way.

Jian Chen: "An Lian, your shift ended an hour ago, why are you sitting here?"

An Lian, who was on the verge of tears, jumped up and hugged Jian Chen.

Jian Chen was alarmed, "Did something happen? Is everything okay? An Lian?"

Jian Chen wrapped his arms securely around An Lian and gazed at his face.

An Lian: "I'm okay. Just missed you."

Jian Chen really could not hold back as his face went blank and heart stopped. He lowered his face and passionately kissed An Lian's lips.

After a while, Jian Chen reluctantly pulled back as An Lian was out of breath, "Xiao Lian, aren't you getting more adorable lately."

An Lian nuzzled his face in Jian Chen's neck and stayed quiet.

Jian Chen: "Let's go back to my house tonight."

An Lian, after getting over his shock, refused, "Jian Chen, we have classes tomorrow. What are you thinking?"

Jian Chen replied, "I'm thinking I really want to hold you, without Yu Ming and Xi Jun in the room."

An Lian pushed Jian Chen's away, "Not today."

"Another day?"

An Lian stomped past Jian Chen and walked back towards the dormitory building.

Jian Chen quickly caught up to him in a few strides and held his hand tightly.

Jain Chen: "Don't go wandering without me."

Standing next to each other, the long sleeves of their coats concealed their joined hands as they walked down the remainder of the park. When they reached the end, An Lian pulled his hand away in fear of being caught. Jian Chen didn't mind but stayed close beside him just the same.

There was a question really bothering An Lian, he needed to know, "Jian Chen..."

Jian Chen, "Hmm?"

An Lian: "What... are we?"

Jian Chen stopped and gazed at An Lian, "What are we? Aren't you my wife?"

An Lian looked away annoyed, "I mean in the real world."

Jain Chen knew what An Lian meant, and continued to tease him anyway, "In the real world... hmm... aren't you still my wife?"

An Lian fowned at Jian Chen.

Jian Chen: "I know, I know. I'm sorry. You're just too cute, I can't help myself."

This only added fuel to the fire for An Lian, he walked ahead of Jian Chen trying to ignore him.

Jian Chen called out, "An Lian, be my boyfriend?"

An Lian abruptly stopped in his tracks and looked around, thankfully the street was empty. He ran up to Jian Chen and covered his mouth, "Are you crazy? What if someone hears?"

Jian Chen clasped the hand covering his mouth, "Will you stop ignoring me then?"

An Lian nodded his head.

Jian Chen: "And be my boyfriend?"

An Lian looked down, and softly nodded his head.

Jian Chen: "And give me a kiss?"

To Jian Chen's surprise An Lian quickly looked up and planted a soft peck on Jian Chen's lips before lowering his head again.

Jian Chen hugged the boy tightly before letting him go.

Jian Chen: "Let's go back, it's too cold out here."

-------

A/N

Thanks for being patient with me during exam times

*Fades into non-existence*