o n e ~ The Flight Risk

One week of freedom before I go back to faking stupidity. One week of outrageous parties the guys and I have to hit up. One week of hot girls and wicked hangovers. It's  going to be forgotten, but I am not about care.

"Yo Kyle! You done in there? We gotta get going if were actually showing up to this party!"

"I've been waiting for you idiots!" I yell back walking down the hall to find all the guys waiting by the door of our apartment.

"Can you believe they actually are having a back to school bash?" Jax asks, only somewhat sarcastically.

"How'd we find out about this one again?" Dominic questions as we head down the stairs.

"Good ol' twitter," Bash answers flipping up the collar of his jean jacket. All of us seem to mirror his smirk.

"If we're lucky we'll meet up with our friends down at the police department," Ryder says with a snort.

"I bet they miss us," I add as we pile into the car. The guys laugh and then the music is blasting and we aren't even at the party yet. I lean back in my seat, silent as the conversation moves in circles. We pull up in front of the house with a party in full swing. Bass pounds down the street and I briefly wonder what the neighbors were bribed with to avoid noise complaints.

The instant we get out people's eyes are drawn to us, and by now we're used to it. We've got a reputation to maintain. I plaster on a smirk and wink at the first girl I see. She smiles at me and waves, but I've already moved on. A few people are outside besides that girl, but for most part it's still too early for them to stumble through the doors into fresh air. We head through the house, making a beeline for the kitchen. We're just here for the beer.

I grab one from the cooler and pop off the top, dropping it carelessly to the ground. Someone else will pick it up tomorrow, it's not my job to care who. I take a sip of the cheap beer then grab another bottle to take outside, before following the rest of the guys. I make it barely ten steps before some girl latches on my arm. I hate leeches. I attempt to shake her off but she won't budge.

"Hey handsome," she purrs. I have no idea who she is.

"Hey," I respond, losing sight of the guys. Her finger drags along my jaw.

"You want to get a room with me somewhere?"

"No, not really."

"I'll show you a good time."

"Find someone else who's interested." I'm not high enough for this just yet.

"Come on, you know you want to. It's one night, free of charge. Just sex." I look at her and raise an eyebrow.

"Boyfriend find someone hotter?" She leans away flustered before releasing me and running away with her tail between he legs. Even though I hate the words that just slipped past my lips, I shrug and turn back toward the direction I last saw the guys walking in. I head out the back door, going straight for the back of the yard, knowing they would have found a spot separated from most of the crowd. I take my time meandering along the perimeter. I have no need to hurry. I find the guys over in a corner, already settled in the grass. I take a seat and Jax hands me a joint.

"What took you so long?" he asks.

"Leech," I answer. Jax makes a face as I roll my eyes.

"Was it a hot leech?" Bash asks, I turn to face him.

"Nah, just a desperate, heartbroken one."

"That's the worst." I nod and I pull my lighter from my pocket. I don't hesitate as I light the joint, not anymore. I take a long drag. None of us speak. Smoke drifts up around us and the smell of weed pushes thoughts from my mind. They aren't important, not now.