f o r t y e i g h t ~ Trojan

My eyes slide open and I shift my arm. Something moves on my chest and I glance down. Kayla is still there. My arm tightens around her quickly and she stirs. She mumbles something into my shirt and I notice the wet spot from her drool. I smile lightly at her and twist my head to press my lips to her hair. She burrows her head deeper into my chest and sighs.

"Well this is an interesting predicament." I whip my head to the side to find Jax looking down at us his with his arms crossed.

"She came here on her own," I start.

"I don't doubt it."

"We all know if you went to her you guys would be in the bed," calls a voice from the kitchen. I tilt my head back, but only see more of the cushions.

"Ryder?"

"Yep." I wait a minute before determining I'm hungry.

"Can you bring me the Coco Puffs?"

"Why?"

"I can't wake her up!"

"I mean you could," Jax offers. I glare at him.

"I'm not waking her up," I deadpan.

"Well when is she going to wake up?" Jax asks.

"I don't know."

"What time did the two of you crash?"

"I don't know."

"Here are your Coco Puffs." Ryder hands me the box and I pop the lid open with one hand and reach into the bag. The sound is deafening and I cringe as I look to Kayla again. She doesn't move.

"These are loud," I state.

"Oh get over it, she's going to wake up at some point," Jax comments before leaving the couch and heading to the kitchen. Ryder follows him and I look back to Kayla. Slowly, I lower the cereal box to the floor and try to shift. She stirs again and I stop moving. I shake my head and smile, before leaning back into the couch. Her fist clenches and unclenches on my shirt.

"Oh that sucks." I look to the side and find Bash this time. He laughs and throws himself onto the chair and flicks on the television. I don't respond, but I do turn my head to watch the taco ad on the screen. Kayla shifts sharply and I whip my head towards her. She blinks down at me.

"What time is it?" she murmurs.

"I don't know," I answer.

"It's almost eleven," Bash calls. Kayla's eyes widen.

"And I slept?" I chuckle.

"Yeah." Her eyes widen then she sighs melting into me. Her arms move up and wrap around my neck. I hesitate then bring my other arm around her waist.

"Thank you, Danny," she mutters against my neck. She pulls back and I let my arms slide off her. She swings herself easily off the couch and stretches. Then she runs her fingers through her hair and turns back to look a me as I sit up and move to stand next to her. "What's for breakfast?" she asks. I shrug.

"Whatever you find," Jax states. Kayla rolls her eyes and walks to the kitchen.

"Are there Coco Puffs at least?" I pick the box up off the ground and head to the kitchen myself. I set them on the counter.

"Yep." She moves to the fridge and pulls out the gallon of milk and an apple. I grab two bowls and spoons from the cabinets, setting them on the counter as well. She moves to the counter and pours herself a bowl, then slides the box to me and grabs the milk. I fix myself a bowl as Kayla starts shoveling the food down her throat. "Hungry?" I question.