t w e n t y f i v e ~ Liquor Coated Tongues

Red and blue lights flash against her skin. My veins buzz with an energy only alcohol provides. And the music is pounding through the air, slamming against our bodies. My hands grip another girl's waist as she goes to town. Kayla's hands sway in the air as she dodges Dominic's reaching hands on the dance floor. Her eyes connect with mine and I grin wildly. I see her throw her head back to laugh, though the sound never reaches my ears above the din of the music. And then she reaches for Dominic. Curling her arms around his neck, she turns her back to me. I press my lips to the neck of the girl against me and she turns her head back to look at me. I move my ear next to her mouth.

"We should slip away for a bit," she yells.

"Right behind you," I reply. The girl slips away through the crowds and I stay put, letting her get lost. I watch her go for half a minute and then turn my attention back to Kayla who is now spinning between Bash and Dominic. I step up and lean down next to her ear.

"So how's the night club experience, Good Girl?" She turns her head.

"It's great," she states. I raise an eyebrow and wait. "But I want something else." I pull away to find her grinning at me. Her eyes spark dangerously as I grin back and shrug. Kayla turns back to Bash and moves closer to him. Her body grazes his with every movement and I grab another girl. I pull the new girl against me and she doesn't shove me off. She just keeps dancing. Her blue hair seems at home beneath the lights of the club. I slide my fingers forward and down, her head leans back against my shoulder. Kayla's black crop top rises higher revealing the hemline of her fishnets again. And the rips in her jeans flash in and out of focus with the lights. 

The music continues and eventually the girl pulls away. She slips towards the bar and I let her go, not caring enough to follow. Kayla shoves past me with Bash in tow. I cock my head but move to follow them. Dominic moves with me through the crowds. They stop at the bar and Kayla tugs on Bash's arm until he digs out his wallet and pulls out what must be an I.D. I step forward as the bartender comes up to them. I lean against the wood as the bartender pours a shot of something. He hands the shots to Bash, who sets it on the counter and looks to Kayla. I hand over my fake I.D. and order myself a shot of Jack. I tip back the glass.

"Take it off," Kayla yells, I look over and find her tugging at Bash's shirt. My liquor sprays across the bar, earning me a glare from the bartender.

"You're crazy," Bash laughs.

"Just take your shirt off and get on the bar," Kayla answers.

"What the heck?" I ask. Bash shakes his head but whips off his shirt and takes a seat on the bar. Kayla climbs up on a stool and then shoves Bash down against the wood. A few cheers go up around us and I look around bewildered. Kayla climbs onto the bar and straddles Bash. Finally the dots connect through the alcohol as Kayla raises the shot glass and pours it over Bash's stomach. Her tongue is quick to follow the line of liquor against his skin. I shove my hair back and away from my face. Bash makes a weird serious of expressions as he grabs the edge of the bar. Then Kayla sits up with a grin and Bash smashes his head into the bar.

I look to the bartender hoping he's about to tell them to get off the bar, but it seems he's settled in to watch the show. I step forward and reach out for Kayla, but Dominic's hand beats me to her arm. She turns to him.

"Alright Princess, my turn," he says. Bash props him self up on his elbows, breathing a little too heavily for it to be normal.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Bash asks, his voice sounding slightly off.

"Melissa," Kayla responds. Fudge La La. She climbs off of Bash and hops to the ground. Bash tugs his shirt back on and slides down next to her. His eyes remain glued to the side of her face. My hands start to ache and I realize belatedly that they formed fists at some point. I release them for an instant before allowing them to curl back into fists. Dominic pulls himself onto the bar and waves the bartender forward.