b o n u s c h a p t e r ~ Secrets On Lips

Kayla's POV

I shove my hand in my back pocket, reassuring myself that I still have the list on me. I find it there, just like I have the last half a dozen times I've shoved my hand into the pocket in the last five minutes. I sigh and glance towards the bleachers, the boys still aren't there. I've found them every morning, even on the days they don't go to class. They seem to get here earlier than most of the student body which is a really idiotic move. Why come anywhere near this junkyard if you were going to sit outside in the dirt like a bunch of lost souls all day anyways? I mean you could at least go somewhere else and sit in the dirt. Or you know buy yourself a Slurpie.

My eyes scan the crowds again this time locating Kyle, but only because he's obviously trying not to be seen. I smirk and head towards him. You don't get to swim away quite that fast Pretty Boy. It doesn't take long to realize that I'm not the only one following him. There's another boy, one I've never seen before. I cock my head to the side, continuing my pursuit.

They slip around the side of the school, one after the other, and no one pays them a second glance. Typically Kyle, well any of the boys really, has the eyes of the entire town on them. It's a wonder the cops don't know where they are every second of the day. I turn around the corner of the building and walk to the back.

I peek around the corner and watch as the boy hands Kyle a wad of cash. My eyes widen, I could make it to the next town on that, maybe even further if I spent it right. Kyle counts the bills and shifts his head ever so slightly I quickly duck back around the corner. I'm watching a drug deal. I smile. I've gotten myself involved with the bad boys alright. I peek around the corner again just in time to see the boy slip a small bag of the white stuff into his bag. I hurry away from the corner, but stay on the side of the building.

The boy comes around the corner almost instantly and I press myself against the wall. He doesn't even notice I'm there. Typical. Maybe he's more worried about his coke, but I doubt it. No one ever sees me. Kyle comes around the corner next. His eyes are focused on the silver bands winding around his fingers. I seize the opportunity and jump out in front of him. Then I stumble to the side, making it look like I jumped out of his way. He looks up startled.

"Whoa there, Pretty Boy," I say smirking. He looks down at me and frowns.

"Kayla?"

"Who else?" I question as he looks behind me. I use the moment to look at the pocket in his black jeans where I know the money is. He is my ticket out of here. I snap my eyes to his hand quickly, before he notices. "These are neat," I mutter. Really? That's what you come up with? What a way to cover your tracks.

"Yeah," he mutters clearly distracted. I grab his hand and separate his fingers twisting the rings myself. They are relatively simple, but kind of unique in an odd way. One of them is just bunch of thin silver bands stuck together. Another is silver with two black stripes, making it look like a road. And the third is silver with a fake black chain in the center. I drop his hand and meet his eyes.

"So where to?"

"I'm going to find the guys."

"Cool." He starts walking and I follow him again, not caring if he doesn't want me to. I've still got time before Lynnara gets here. And this definitely beats standing around like the loner I am. The boys are surrounding a black car in the back lot. My eyes flick to the other cars, knowing I'm bound to catch someone having sex. The boys suddenly shut up, I look at them. Well would you look at that. They actually noticed me.

"Hey," I say. The just nod at me, so I roll my eyes. Stupid boy greetings. "You guys are great conversationalists."

"Yeah well," Jax mutters. Oh he's a talker alright. I sigh and open my mouth to speak as my phone buzzes in my back pocket. Great timing, Lynnie.