e i g h t ~ Good Girl

Jax groans. "She's not going to leave us alone, is she?"

"Apparently not," Bash answers. Ryder quirks his mouth up into a half smile.

"She is getting kind of clingy," Dominic says.

"I take it our initiation of the next check mark didn't satisfy her then," Jax says.

"Definitely not," Dominic answers. I almost laugh, but I manage to keep my lips sealed. She latches on quick and never lets go. The little blue-eyed leech.

"We pretty much opened up all the windows. And she's more than happy to climb through," I say, careful to keep my voice bored and neutral. Another text comes buzzing through on the group chat.

I'm bored. I try to ignore it, but she doesn't wait even a full minute before sending another.

Entertain me.

Boys, I know at least one of you is reading this. Ryder breaks the wall of silence from our side first.

We are NOT boys.

Nonsense, you're my boys.

I'd be happy to be yours, Princess. And again I'm overcome with a compelling urge to strangle Dominic.

Not gonna happen, Mini Nic. I can almost hear her singing it.

Liar ;) I clench my jaw and lean on the counter, bring my phone up in front of me to type a response.

How are we supposed to entertain you?

Come over. I glance up at the guys crowded into our kitchen. I know she didn't mean it to sound like a booty call, but Dominic certainly sees it that way. He's already smirking. Acting nonchalant, I shrug. Bash and Dominic nod. And Jax tugs his lip between his teeth, not offering much of anything.

"Alright, I mean we've got nothing better to do, right?" Ryder questions. We nod in agreement. My nod coming last, almost as an afterthought to the rest of them.

Okay. Ryder responds. Kayla says nothing. I head back to my bedroom grab and my leather jacket from my closet. And then we are making our way down the stairs and to the car. Jax has the keys. He remembers where to go, the rest of us weren't paying enough attention to anything other than Kayla the last time we were here. The house is only about fifteen minutes away, but it's on the other side of town. She lives on the nicer side. Maybe she finally got a good home.

We pull up on the street outside her house and get out. It's obvious we don't belong in the neighborhood. I shift my jacket on my shoulders. Bash pops his collar and Ryder runs a hand through the mop of chestnut curls balanced on top of his head. Dominic slows his steps and Jax squares his shoulders. We'll give them something worth staring at, even if the guy walking his German Shepard and the couple with a stroller are the only ones to see us. Jax rings the doorbell and Kayla is there, yanking the door open in an instant.

"Hello boys," she says, holding the door open slightly wider, but not quite letting us in. She's wearing ripped acid wash jeans and a black crop top. She smiles. "Come on in." We do. It beats standing awkwardly on her door step. She leads us through the entry way and to the kitchen. The house isn't impressive in the grand scheme of things but it's definitely an upgrade from our crappy apartment. A young girl, who can't be more than ten, sits at the kitchen table. She turns to us with wide eyes. I know instantly she's another foster kid. She's cute and Asian. There is no way she could ever pass for Kayla's blood. I glance to the side, gaging the guys reactions. They weren't expecting this. They were expecting a perfect girl, with a perfect family. For all they know, the girl at the table could be the adopted addition to the perfect family Kayla is supposed to have. Did La La get adopted by these people? The girl's black hair comes down to the center of her chest and her eyes seem to flash gold when they catch the light. Kayla quickly moves to her side, pulling a whiteboard across the table and closer to the two of them.