f o r t y f i v e ~ Electric Nights

I lean my head back against the wall behind me and look down the bridge of my nose at Kayla. She lays on the ground a few feet away from me. I watch as she picks up a piece of hair and holds it up in front of her face to inspect the red ends. Then she drops the hair and sighs loudly before rolling over onto her stomach to face me.

"Take me to a party," she states. I raise an eyebrow and smirk.

"When?"

"Tonight." I sit up straighter.

"Tonight?"

"Yeah why not? There bound to be one happening somewhere. It is Friday night."

"Probably, sure but-"

"Then we're going!" Kayla sits up and glances around her room briefly before standing up. I stand up too.

"I don't know of any parties tonight."

"Well find one. I'm sure you have at least one connection."

"I do but, La La-" Again she cuts me off.

"So call your connection." She walks over to the dresser and tugs open a drawer. She digs around for a second, then pulls out a black strapless bra.

"La La-"

"It's not like we have all night. Call them." I close my mouth and shove a hand into my pocket after my phone. For some reason, I don't want any of the guys to know where we are, so I pull up Bryan's contact and hit the call button.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah," I answer, purposefully avoiding the name in front of Kayla. "Is there a party tonight?" In front of me Kayla meets my eyes to smirk before turning away from me and tugging her shirt above her head and dropping it to the floor. It lands next to the pillow and blanket, still on her floor, and the hoodie I never got back. She walks to the closet in just her black bra and jeans. I swallow harshly.

"Kyle?" comes Bryan's voice.

"Yeah?" Miraculously my voice doesn't shake.

"Did you hear me?"

"No, I-" Kayla starts to shimmy out of her jeans, revealing the back of a back thong. I clench my fist down at my side willing myself not to move towards her.

"Look there's a bunch of parties, it's Friday night. What do you want?"

"Anything with booze," I mutter distractedly.

"I'll send you an address." Kayla's fingers sneak behind her and unclasp her bra. And she slides it off, dropping it on the ground next to her. The line clicks dead before I can think enough to offer a response. Mindlessly, I shove it back in my pocket. Kayla bends down, still without a bra, and she has to know exactly what she's doing. She picks the strapless bra up from the floor and straightens up again. My knees ache from being locked in place. Kayla snaps the bra on backwards and spins it around. Then she bends down again to pick up her shirt and jeans.

My eyes scan her body. "La La," I growl lowly.

She looks over her shoulder and whips out the doe eyes. "What?" she questions innocently. I break and move forward, towards her.

"Don't play dumb. You know what you're doing."

"What do you mean?" My eyes drop to her body, drinking in her skin. Some miracle keeps my hands fisted at my sides. "I'm changing into party clothes," she tells me. I groan.