s i x t y ~ Sex, Drugs, and Liars

Kayla blinks at me. "You know if you want sex, all you have to do is ask, Pretty Boy." Air stumbles in my lungs and I wheeze. Jax only guffaws loudly from beside me.

"What?" I choke out.

Kayla shrugs. "You're giving me the look." She stops talking long enough to drag her tongue across her soft serve ice cream. "You know the look guys give when they're horny as fuck."

"What the fuck, Kayla?" I ask.

She smirks. "Don't act like you're not."

"Why would you- how would you-" I shake my head. "I don't wanna know." I turn to back to my ice cream in a panicked attempt to save my hand from the carnage.

"No, no that's not the end. See now I wanna know, is it the ice cream...or me?" she drawls. Her lips trace the edges of that Cheshire cat grin.

Ryder leans forward to rest an elbow on his knee for a better view of our show even though he's seated right next to Kayla. Kayla only continues to watch me from across the way, seated on top of a picnic table with her legs crossed, much to the dismay of the mothers on this side of town.

I feel my lips slide into a smirk far too easily. "Pick your poison, Sweetheart."

She cocks her head at me, that grin still in place. "Maybe I will."

"The two of you are literally in your own world," Ryder states shaking his head as he leans back.

"You're certainly welcome to join, Ry-Ry." She shoots him a wink, earning a laugh from Ryder and even a smile from Bash. I lick my ice cream cone again, unable to stop my eyes from falling back to Kayla as she does the same. "Hey Mini Nic, why are you the only one with a milkshake?" I pull my eyes away from Kayla and lean forward to watch Dominic for a response.

"Milkshakes are superior, Princess." He winks at her and I feel my teeth shift against each other.

"At this point I can't even tell if that was supposed to be sexual or not. Either way, I'm not so sure I even care." Dominic laughs and I look back to Kayla, who looks way too satisfied with herself. Her eyes catch mine watching her and she drags her tongue across her ice cream with far too much intention. Game on, La La. I smirk and glance back to the guys with the intention of at least listening to their conversations. I keep working on my ice cream, waiting until the top of it is flat the cone. Then I turn back to Kayla and wait for her eyes to flick to mine. She raises and eyebrow and I plunge my tongue into the center of the cone, cleaning out the rest of my ice cream without stopping. Kayla bites her lip to fight a smile and I wink. Her cheeks flush pink instantly and she darts her eyes away, looking instead to her feet resting on the bench. I throw my head back laughing, then swipe the back of my hand across my face. Kayla only tugs off her boot and throws it into my chest. I keep laughing.

"Damn what'd I miss?" Jax asks. I don't have the breath to tell him.

"Nothing," Kayla grumbles. "Absolutely nothing." She hops off the table to storm over and pick her boot up from the ground. And then she angrily licks her ice cream before whacking my leg with her boot for good measure. "You're horrible," she tells me, still refusing to look at me.

"Aw come on, Sweetheart. You can't pretend you didn't enjoy it."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kayla claims as she spins around to return to her spot on the picnic table.

"You and I both know you haven't forgotten my sex god cred." Kayla spins on me, mouth agape.

"Oh shit," Jax mutters. I grin wildly. Slowly, Kayla tilts her head and returns the favor. My grin falls.