« Praise | Lordship »

Eyes starred as i sat beside my mother, my sister cuffed my leg as the pastor preached.

"Ah-men"

Was the saying that spread throughout the church.

"C'mon!"

My mom yelled as her head rocked side to side.

"Hmmm, won't he do it. Amen"

She mumbled as the pastor stepped down going deeper into the word.

"Those who follow the footsteps of the lord, will be guided, See... i know everyone in here haven't been perfect, but I'm sure you've been faithful to the lord."

"The reason i preach those words is because of a young man who's been apart of this church since birth. I've baptized this gentleman, and here he sit"

He spoke as applauds picked up.

He waved me over as my mom patted my back for me to go. Her smile wouldn't let me deny it even if i wanted.

"Let me share something with those who are wondering, you might not see Ha'keem in this church house every Sunday, but guess who's on the prayer call every Sunday"

He spoke pointing at me as my mom and sister both stood to their feet.

"He's not perfect, but he's faithful to the lord"

He spoke as "Amen" echoed through the church.

He shook my arm as he handed me the mic as i looked over to my mom.

Her face read 'please' as everyone stood clapping.

A slowly piano melody played as a familiar voice surfaced from the choir.

Slightly smiling as one of our old minister songs softly played.

The choir hummed with a soulful note, sending goosebumps through my body.

"We'll wait on you"

I spoke taking in the glory that surrounded me.

"Everybody's Moving" i looked around.

"Everyone is going somewhere" i nodded

"With everything they're trying. Just to make it"

"To a place where i am not there" i spoke looking out at them.

"But when the noise is over"
"A still small voice you will hear"
"I hope that you believe me"
"When i Tell YA"

I preached walking closer to the woman who sat in front of me, we cuffed hands as she rubbed the top of my hand.

"Can i share a message god tells me every day and night?" I asked as my mom yelled "let him use you baby"

"That i will handle all of your care"
"Just wait on me"
I softly sung as the beat rumbled, the choir chimed in with me.