« The face | Of HOPE »

My personal and work phone rung consistently as i sat outside their home.

The night skin settled in as i turned off the engine. Rubbing my eyes as i watched a few guys walk the block.

Kids were still out playing as i opened the door, i checked the address again as i tightened the hoodie on my head.

My knock rattled the crust of the medal bars that protected the door. The door, opened as a man pulled open the mesh door.

"Who you!?" He asked as i noticed he had one hand behind his back. I removed my hood as i noticed him mom rushing to the door.

"Put that away boy" she demanded pulling open the gate looking behind me. He looked at me a little surprised as everyone in the house came walking from the hallway.

"ahlishia Not now, everybody put their phone away. NOW" she yelled as she held my hand. "Please sit" she softly spoke removing the covers from the couch.

I could hear the whispers in the house, as they all looked excited to meet me, but sadden at the same time.

"I'm sorry the news took of with this story blaming you for ..."

I interrupted her.

"That is the least of my concern, i don't care what they put out. I'm . . ." I took a deep swallow controlling my emotions.

Shaking my head as my eyes watered. She moved closer hugging me as i sat there shaking. "I'm sorry this happen, it's my fault"

I whispered as she stood over me hugging me. Another set of hands cuffed my back as the guy bent down.

"You did something nice for my brother men, that's all he's been bragging about the past month" he spoke looking into my eyes.

"You did nothing wrong sweetie look at me" she mumbled cuffing my hands as she wiped away my tears.

"Thank you for coming, is your bodyguard here who did you come with?" She asked as i shook my head. "I came alone, this is personal, i don't use my personal life for Publicity."

She rubbed my arm as a girl walked towards me with a bottle of water, "Thank you" i let Of a Friendly smile as both of my phones rung.

Ignoring them as she cuffed my hand. "Are those your people that take care of your image?" I nodded my head.

"Don't leave them wondering, it's not a good feeling. Coming with me" she softly spoke taking my hand as we walked down the hallway.

She pushed open his room door as i noticed the group pictures we took hanging around his room. "I don't know what you told him that day, but believe me that mouth of his changed" she chuckled with a deep sigh.

She nodded her head looking at me. "They took my baby from me" she softly sobbed as the brother comforted her. "Ms. Rae, don't worry about the expenses. I will personally cover everything" i spoke cuffing her hands

She shook her head no, as i grabbed them, "I'm not asking, I've lost and I've witness and felt this pain. My family didn't have anyone to step in, my god has given me this ability so please"

I pleased as she pulled me in hugging me.
"Johnthen" one of the girls yelled out as we walked down the hall. Police lights lit up the dark area.

"It's so many people outside our house" she gasped looking out the window. "ahlishia" she hissed as she was hidden in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry......" she dropped her head as Ms.Rae apologized. There was a knock on the door as my phone rung with Linda name.

"It's my P.R" i spoke as Johnthen opened the door. Her face wasn't pleased as she walked in with my bodyguard. Baz looked at me pissed as the door close.

"Do you have any idea how this could reflect your image Ha'keem, not only did you not think about yourself you put the label in a bad spot. ."

Ms.Rae stepped in front of me.

"Lower your tone in my house, he did with any sincere adult would have done. You're speaking to one of our gods angle so watch your tone, the stories aren't true" Ms.Rae said as Linda looked at me.

I titled my head as she stepped back. "I wanted to thank him for changing my boys life. This wasn't to ruin him, I'm no devil, his heart is so pure, you people" she shook her head as she grabbed my hand walking towards the door.

The family fallowed behind as she stepped down the old wooden steps as many news channels waited outside her gate.

Baz stepped beside me as i shook my head at them both. "Floral" Linda called out as i walked down the path towards the family.

"We never released a statement regarding my dead son, you people took rumors and Rand with them with no remorse regarding my family nor Ha'keem"

She spoke as several mics and cameras faced her. "My baby was taken from me because of the uncontrollable crimes that happens in this neighborhood everyday, and it's only being broadcasted because a celebrity name appeared. Y'all should feel ashamed" she yelled.

She cuffed my hand as the brother leaned forward.

"We just want whoever did it to come forward or if you know, speak up." He spoke as Linda and Baz walked up to the gate. She nodded her head for me to proceed.

"It's disappointing knowing that one good thing, could end in such a tragedy. Taiiwan wasn't just a Radom kid, he became my little brother the moment i stepped through those doors. He even had a segment on my instagram" i chuckled looking at his mom as i felt my emotions balling up.

"We must do better and protect our communities. We must do better holding the right people at fault and not pointing the blame towards the popular party."

"This moment isn't about me, but for the family who has to deal with this lost. Don't apologize to me, but apologize to them. Taiiwan was a good kid, and he didn't deserve this"

Cameras flashed as reported asked questions over each other. "Make sure there's a officer here" i spoke to Baz as i walked passed him and Linda.

"Thank you" Ms.Rae softly spoke hugging me. "Here's my number, call me if you need anything" i mumbled hugging her again. "I have guards standing by for your family".

"Floral" Linda called out as i shook my head at her. Walking towards my car as my bodyguard stopped people from ambushing me. The police cleared a path as one drove in front of me.