« Remember |Us»

The shouting ached my ears as i sat at the edge of my couch.

His voice over shadowed my moms, as my sister finger and neck rotated with anger and attitude.

Squeezing my eyes shut as i tried to draw out the sound of bickering and swearing.

He sat on the opposite side of the living room, as i swallowed the bitterness that developed in my mouth.

My mind completely zoned out as the term faggot poured from his lips over and over. 

Placing my finger on my temple before i stood up. Yelling cursed my ears from both sides as i watched my housekeeper panic in the inside.

From a single nod, she gathered her things as she rushed towards the front door.

The moment the door closed every ounce of fuck, became vocal as i turned my head to the right.

"You have the audacity to step into my house and call me a faggot? Because you're mad at the decision your son made."

A chuckle shook my body as i put my hand up to my sister and mother to stop talking.

"I get it, you've never liked me Ryan" i stated calling him by his first name as his face bunched up.

"And I've never disrespected you, nor your house, but you stand here in my house. Screaming and cursing at my mother and my sister?" I huffed out loudly chuckling.

"You got things completely fucked up. I've bitten my tongue for years, out of respect for Mrs. Gould i never crossed paths with you, because she was like a second mom to me growing up, but you" i pointed as his brothers and sister all looked at me.

I couldn't gather the anger i was feeling and put them into words without destroying his pride.

Taking a deep sigh as i wiped the tears from my eyes. Turning back to my mom as her face was blush red. My sister threw here hands up walking off cursing.

My breathing grew calmer as i twisted the ring loose from my finger as Nolan finally stood up.

His dad mentioned his mom ring in the middle of the argument.

Nolan spoke one word as i put my hand up to him, to keep quiet.

"Like I've told you before"

I mumbled drying the tears before they could fall, as i gathered my feelings together.

"I'll never make you choose, you sat there and let him degrade me" i spoke as he was about to interrupt me.

From my hand suggestion, he stopped himself from speaking.

"He's your father and i won't compete with him for your heart"

I spoke handing him the ring.

"We can't get married Nolan"

I mumbled as a tear fell from my eyes.

"Keem....." he exhausted out as my hands slipped through his grip as my sister approached me.

"Just let me be please" i spoke keeping control of my emotions as i pulled open the front door.

"Ha'keem"

"Ha'keem"

"Keem"

He caught his breath running up to me as i stood at the end of my driveway.

"Ay-man" He spoke looking at me as i stared out the gate.

"What just happen back there wasn't cool, and i don't want you nor your mom feeling attached by us because of my dad" he spoke as i faced him.

"Look i know you and my brother always been cool, and honestly i didn't think anything of it. So this is knew to us, but he's a grown ass man you know" he shrugged.

"If he makes you happy bro, don't let my pops ruin that, because now they're going at each other head in there" he spoke as i looked back.

"I didn't ask for any of this" i finally spoke after a long minute of silence.

"I held those feelings in for almost fourteen years, because of what's happening now. I've always know how your Dad felt towards me, which is why i never came around when it was just him"

I mumbled as i dried my eyes. "Your mom saw me" i softly spoke. "She knew about the bond we had and that didn't stop her from loving me, it was our little secret" i admitted as i watched his eyes turn.

Nolan stood behind me as i softly sighed out. "Come here" he demanded grabbing my hand.

"Don't ever take this off" he nonchalant spoke putting the ring on my finger as he stared into my eyes.

"Don't ever walk away from me, you hear me" He semi-groaned as his voice became shaky.

"We both knew this process wasn't going to be easy, and me disrespected my dad like that was never in my wishes" he admitted as he took a deep breath.

"Family argue, family fight, we will agree and disagree but we stand our ground and work through it" he spoke cuffing my face.

"Loosing my mom was hard enough Keemie, and one thing she told me before she passed was to keep you close. And i always thought she said that because you were her favorite" he chuckled making me smile through my tears.

"She knew this day would come, i don't know how, but I'm sure she did, and that's the real reason why i put her ring on your finger. It's what she wanted" he softly spoke kissing me.

"I cared about him accepting me and us, but i know now i have all the support i need right here" He spoke as the gate opened to my driver pulling up.

"Let's just go and live our life, us against the world"