« Next | Step »

"YOU SAID NO!?"

Pulling the phone from my ear as she screamed. Baz and Sango walked into my loft as i signaled for them to give me a second.

Closing my room door as i listed to my sister, disagree with my decision.

"Keira" . . . . "Keira" . . . . "KEIRA"
I yelled finally getting her attention as she sighed through the phone annoyed with me.

"I asked for him to be sure, so i didn't necessarily turn down the proposal. Keira I'm twenty four" i spoke sitting on my bed.

"i have one album out, I've already been outed to the world, i have a boyfriend that's in the Army who can fuck around and die any moment if we go to war. I have to produce three more albums in my contract. I also have to record for this upcoming sound track. Me and Nolan haven't even had sex yet. His family isn't too happy with me right now, he's serving his full time in the army. Like"

Sighing again as there was a tap on my door. "One minute please" i yelled as i leaned back on my bed.

"Now add marriage to that list, the press, the gossip, i wanted to keep my personal life personal, and now it's not Keira. Everyone wants to know who 'HE' is, and i don't want to drag him into this life. That's why i asked for him to be sure."

I stated as we both took a deep breath.

"Please don't tell mom this, i don't need that stress on me either. Let me just figure this out. I love you, just hold the thought."

I softly spoke looking at his picture that sat on my dresser.

"I do love him Keira, and it sounds so weird telling you this. And that's why i can't say yes, yet. I still think this is weird when i shouldn't"

I mumbled realizing the real reason i told him to wait.  Sango yelled my name as i told my sister i had to go.

Walking through the door as they both stood up looking at me confused. "Umm? Did you not get the memo?" Sango asked as i stood there exhausted.

"About what?" I asked as Baz shook his head. "Did you read my message?" He asked as i stared at them both. "What do i pay you two for? Tell me what is going on. Simple" i stated as the both looked at each other.

"Wow. Let the Diva roll out now. One more personality i have to manage" he smirked as his fingers rolled across his phone screen.

"You've been nominated for Best New Artist, Album of the year, Best R&B performance, Record of the year, Best Urban Contemporary Album. At the Grammys Congratulations" Sango dryly said.

"I didn't mean it like that, it's a lot going on in my world. Sorry I'm unable to cater to everyone's feelings" i shook my head walking towards the kitchen.

"You're also performing 'Sometimes' the remastered version from Your new album. You have a six minute slot which is huge for a first time performer. I'm not sure what it is that you're dealing with but figure it out. You have a week before you start rehearsal"

Sango stated as he walked towards the door. I huffed out as i fell backwards over the couch. My body dragged itself to the floor as i laid there on my back.

"What has gotten into you lately?" Baz questioned as he sat beside me. Holding my hand up as he screamed scaring me. He grabbed my finger pulling me up as his eyes were bucked.

"What-is-this?" He asked as his eyes were opened wide. "I'm-engaged" i scoffed out falling back to the floor. "BAZZI what have i done" i huffed out as he rubbed my back laughing.

"Your Life gets interesting every second. First you're breaking records as a new R&B artist, then you're coming out, and now you're engaged. Oh the press is about to have a field day" he smiled as he was texting on his phone.

"No. . . No. . No. . . NOBODY. Will know about this" i mumbled looking at the ring. "I've lied to my sister about this already. If i tell her the truth, my life will officially belong to the world and not me" i pointed as i grabbed his phone.

"As your boss, this is client confidentiality. I will sue you Bazzi" i pointed as he stepped back a little shook. "I won't say anything" he spoke with his hands up.

"I see this really do have you stressed" he mumbled as i frowned.

"Look at the brighter side. YOUR GETTING MARRIED" he sung skipping around my loft.

"Shhhhhh" i groaned snatching him up as he chuckled. "I can't wait until you talk about this. Boy you are living the life" he mumbled as i sat on the couch.

"You're about to have a Grammy and you're getting married. Ok I'm jealous now" he mumbled walking up beside me.

"On a serious note, what are you planning to do Keem? I just want you to consider things, your life, career, family, him. Personally, you're doing right by holding it back from your family and the public" he acknowledged as i turned to him.

"I don't know Bazzi, he's took a higher ranking out here, which means we will officially be living in the same city. Also, if we get married i would be able to stay on base with him. Not that i am, well not all the time but it's a option that I'd like" i pleaded.

"I've never been in a relationship, like this is my first relationship and I'm getting married. To a guy at that, Non-of-this makes sense to me" i panicked as he grabbed my arms.

"Ummmm Ha'keem. Imma need to you to calm the Fu.....ck down. Breathe" he softly spoke. "Just answer this question" he mumbled.

"You have everything you ever wanted, plus the man you've been singing about since we met. Why are you running from him now?"

"Trust me, I've been gay all my life, I've been through six relationships or flings and here i am still single. It's hard finding what he is offering in our community, and it's sad to say that. Keem. Enjoy this, because it's a possibility you'll never see it again" he shook his head as he sat on the couch.

"You're lucky, and he's definitely lucky to have someone like you. I know i would be" he looked me in my eyes before he stood up.

"Forget everything i said, tell your family, tell your fans, tell the world. Technically you've already said yes, so be proud of this please. It gives people like me hope that one day i can have this"

He spoke cuffing my hand.

"And you've gained so much support from the gay community. This is a step forward for us all, this is hope for all of us. It's inspiring, so don't dim that light."

He smiled as i let out a deep sigh.

"What would i do without you"

I mumbled hugging him as he laughed.