« Long Road | Home »

They all debated in front of me as if i didn't have the final say so. Sango looked my way as he went back and forth with one of the company A&R's.

"The decision is yours"

They all turned to me as she stood beside me with a contract to sign over the publishing rights.

"I've already performed the song, I've spoken with Rihanna. She loves it, so it's staying on my EP." i replied pushing the paper away.

"You're turning down long term money, you do know that?" They both looked my way as i shook my head with a deep sigh.

"Y'all don't get it!?" I groaned standing up. Closing my eyes taking a deep breath as Baz cleared his throat. "Can't y'all see how personal that song is? Those aren't feelings for sell, it's a respect thing. He said no and that's that" he spoke grabbing the contract tossing it into the trash.

I didn't bother to respond as i got up walking out the room as Sango called for me. Turning around as i gave Baz the okay to walk down.

"It's a beautiful song Ha'keem, and the sound is being bought for the sound track for a upcoming film." He said.

"Then why can't me and Rihanna do the song for the soundtrack? I'm not giving that song to another artist. It's special." I calmly spoke as they all looked at me.

"If any of you have been in love you know how it feels admitting it, especially when that person is no longer here" i spoke as they all sat quite.

"It's not for sale unless it's me singing it" i strongly spoke as i pulled open the door walking out.

The car door was held open as i got into the suv. "Your things are already packed, the company jet is flying you home. Can you promise me something?" Baz asked as he dug into his bag.

"Find peace with this, before we go overseas. Be free from this, you have to be free of yourself. The real you, nobody sees you like i do Ha'keem" he softly spoke standing between the door.

"Trust me. I know how it feels loving someone who you might not ever end up with" he sighed handing me the box Nolan sent. "You're a remarkable human being, it's time for you to understand and see that. See you in a week" he spoke as he closed my door.

The driver pulled off as i stared at him through the tinted window as he stood there watching us pull away.

The box sat cuffed between my fingers throughout the whole traveling process. A black SUV was parked beside the jet as my bags were being loaded into the back.

"Evening Mr.Lee" the driver greeted me as the door was help open as i climbed in. I didn't inform my family i was coming home, due to the them all rushing over at once. This was a personal vacation i needed, a fresher start before i took off.

• + •

The dark sky cooled the atmosphere as my door was opened. I stood by the trunk as he pulled my bags down.

"It's fine, I'll take them" i spoke grabbing the Handel and duffel bag. "Travel safe" i looked back as i walked up to the front door. It was past three a.m as i dug through my bag for my keys.