«Unforgotten | Past »

The gate buzzer called my phone as i clicked accept.

"I'm hoping this is the Lee resident" i chuckled at the sound of their voice as i granted them access.

Walking from my bedroom as the door bell sounded. The entrance light brightened as i unlatched the locks on the door.

"Come here" my mom walked in hugging me as she kissed my cheek. "What are these people trying to do to you". She shook her head as i watched her praying over the walls.

"That's your mother" my sister laughed as she yelled our mom name. "We had to visit, the news spread around so fast, but I've been on the blogs, everything is turning around more positively now, i had to check a few people in my comments"

She laughed hugging me again as i heard the door opened back up. "I'm sorry Nolan" she screamed as he used his shoulder, push the door open with their bags.

"I'll get it" she released the bag as i held the door open so he could walk in. He looked around as his eyes wondered back to me.

"Hope you didn't mind me tagging along, your sister insisted that i came. They were worried that this lifestyle was becoming too much" he chuckled as i let out a silent sigh.

"It's only a three day relieve for me, but i had to make sure you were fine"

His words were comforting as we walked towards the stairs.

"This is nice, very modern. Definitely can use my touch" my mom criticized as her and my sister walked back towards the stairs.

"How much?" She asked. "Sixteen thousand" i spoke as my sister choked. "A month? I hope you're planning to buy it. That's a lot Keem". Walking up the stairs as they followed.

"I'm still debating, still uncertain about where to locate, plus i start touring soon. Forty-two shows in America and fourteen across country" i explained as i stopped by the first room.

"Just enjoy it, I'm exhausted Kiera" i pleaded as she rubbed my arm. "Mom your on the left, and Nolan there's another one on the right."

"The fridge is pull, pool in the back, steam room, gym and the game room and theater is located behind the kitchen" i explained walking with my back towards them.

Love you's from my sister and mom followed me down stairs. Sighing as i cracked my neck walking through the kitchen down to my room.

The light switched on as it dimmed to my settings. The curtains opened revealing the hill that surfaced the city below.

Adjusting my guitar tune as i tightened the strings. My fingers glided across the strings as the melody came across with the perfect pitch.

Bending the microphone towards the opening as i pressed record.  Playing the tune as i read across my notebook.

"Can't say I have ever been faithful"

"Except for god"

"Never felt i could call anywhere home"

"Tell i fell asleep in your arms"

I rocked to the melody as the Pick gently glided across the strings.

"Cause I..... - neverrr - thought I'd fall in Lovee..."

"Your Love is my only saving grace"

"You caress my heart. . Kiss my face"

"Your Love is my only saving grace"

I sung slowly playing the last keys. As i pressed stop on the recorder.

• + •

My head turned to the knocks that rumbled my door. Smiling as my mom walked with ice-cream in her hand.

"With marshmallows"  she smiled sitting down next to me. "I think you should make that your next single. Grace" she smiled as i took a spoonful from her cup.

"The label wouldn't agree" i chuckled as she smiled. "If they heard what i just heard, you never know" she ate the ice cream from her spoon as i nodded.

"Don't let these people ruin the good heart you have. I reached out to his mother after the funeral, and i made a donation under our family name. And the church also sent out the condolences, god got you baby" she rubbed my back as i took another scoop.

"Thank you" she smiled at me as she kissed my cheek. I watched as she stood to her feet. "Goodnight my prince". Her presence left the room as i sat the spoon into the empty cup.

"Your touch. Your sweet love"
He sung as i chuckled standing up.

"Please stick to saving the world" i suggested as Nolan walked into my room. He let out a deep sigh of relief as he laid back on my bed.

"This is what a million dollar bed feels like, wow" he smiled looking at me upside down. He rolled to his side staring at me as i stood there staring back.

He picked at his hand as i examined him.

"Being in the army has taught me a lot"

he softly spoke as he kicked his legs up on my bed facing me.

"Taught me how to trust"

"Taught me how to pray"
He chuckled

"Made me more grateful for my family"

"Structure. Truth. Helped me control my urges. Temptation"

He spoke as he looked up at me.

"Keemie"

He chuckled standing in front of me.

"I never understood the oddness of our friendship, we both grew up in Sunday school. Best friends, bros over hoes"

He joked as i chuckled shaking
my head at him.

"I'm here for you alright"

He held his hand out as i slowly grabbed it.

"I know"

I nodded taking a deep swallow. He squeezed my hand as he looked up at me.

"Your heart is racing"

He mumbled as i pulled away from his grip, turning around walking towards my restroom.

"Grace right? He spoke as i leaned over the sink.

"You should head up" i mumbled as he tapped the door. "Right" he nodded walking away.

To be continued ....