« Breaking | Ground »

"Listen Floral i understand where you are coming from, we get that side. But you're also a brand now"

Sango leaned on the table as i sat across from him, my P.R and the tour coordinator.

"Why can't i just skip performing and focus on my tour. There's a tone of other artist that could do it?"

He cursed walking away from the table.

"Other artist aren't pulling the same attention, this is your year for domination.

You're guaranteed to win the best new artist at the MTV awards, Soul train award, BET award, and possibly at the Grammys. But you have to stay on your wave. Baz talk to him"

Sango tossed the papers across the table as Baz looked at me. "MTV gets 'Like this ft Kehlani', Soul train gets 'All the way'. BET can get 'Chills' and if the spot opens for the Grammy. I'd like to perform something off my new album" i stated looking at them all.

Sango stared at me as he looked around the room. "Sacrifices right" i chuckled as he shook his head at me. "You're lucky" he mumbled strangling the air as he walked out the room.

He walked back in with three big plaque as i smiled standing up. "Congratulations, you've officially surpassed the one million mark in pure sales"

he said laying the first plaque down. "Like this is now seven times platinum, cave me in is three times platinum" he spoke as he placed the other two down.

"This is why you need to stay on top. The numbers don't lie Floral. Your tour tickets are selling, your singles are selling, you're in demand, but it takes two to make this work." He said as i sighed putting my head on the table.

"Sango i know that, but Gesh I'm already stretched opened. Just cut me in half shit. Fuck it. ILL DO IT ALL" i yelled getting up from the table.

"Book it all, drain me, use me up. I don't even care" i groaned walking from the room as people stared. Deeply sighing as I'm pressed the down button serval time as the elevator opened.

Baz squeezed in as the door was closing. "Don't say anything" 

i spoke as he closed his mouth as the buzzer rung. The door opened as i walked out. Smiling as we crossed paths before i walked out the door.

"When did you meet Rihanna?"

He asked as the driver opened my door.

"You find away home. You're my assistant and you didn't have my back in their. I pay you never forget that, it's my fault."

I stopped controlling my anger.

"I've let you get too comfortable with me. Do your job and only your job"

my door slammed as i requested for him to drive.

• + •

My phone rung as the gate buzzer alerted. "Plaque drop off"

Ending the call granting them access as i rolled from my bed. The coolness brushed passed me as i pulled open the door.

"Just Put them there with the rest"
I mumbled as he carried them in sitting them down.

"If you want me to hang them i can?"

He asked as he placed them against the wall. He removed the gloves that wrapped his fingers as he walked back towards the door.

"It's fine. Still uncertain about buying the place" i Dryly spoke.

"If you keep receiving those, you're going to need a bigger wall" he joked.

Chuckling as i let out a soft sigh. "Thank you" i slightly smiled as he walked out the door.

The rails of Topman clothing
took up most of the empty living room.

Pouring the last of the brown forman irish whiskey as i carried the cup to the living room. Taking a seat on the three level stairway as my arms rested on top of my knees.

"My life" i chuckled tipsy from the previous drinks i had when i arrived.

"To you Nolan" i spoke with the glass in the air before i took the entire glass to the head.

Looking back as i got up walking towards the bar grabbing the second bottle.

I heavily laughed as the top popped off. "My life" i yelled listing to my echo as i drunk from the bottle.

"Shit" i burped slowly making my way towards the stairs as whisky spilled from the bottle onto the wooden floor.

Taking another gulp as it tingled my throat. "Fuck" i mumbled as the door bell rung before the door opened.

"It's you" i slurred out as Baz sat the bags in his hand down closing the door. "Are you drunk". He turned the corner looking at the traces of spilt whiskey on the stairs.

"Ha'keem!" He hissed running towards me as i pushed his hand away from me. "I'm grown, lemme-drink" i slurred stumbling over the last step.

He sighed grabbing me as i pushed him away, catching the wall. I could hear the pouring on liquid hitting the ground as he titled the bottle up.

"Let it go"

He demanded as i jerked it from his hand. "I'm not drunk" i growled hugging the bottle as i slammed into my room door.

Laughing as i crashed into the flood, i tried drinking from the bottle as he snatched it from my hand.

He walked back as a towel dropped beside me as he started to dry up the whisky.

"Just lay there. Please"

he sounded annoyed as i rolled to my side crawling to my bed.

"Don't touch me" I groaned looking at him.
"You broke my heart"

I cried out as forced the lamp from the table.

"Nolan you. . . . You left me defending for myself. You were supposed to be there"

I yelled

"You were supposed to love me"

"I waited" My knees weaken as i fell to the floor

"You made me feel so empty day after day"

My eyes were to watery for me to see.
"But I'm in love with you and i don't know what to do"

A set of hands pulled me up as everything around me was blacking out.