« Second | Night »

The sound of light raindrops poured in the background of the song. A slowly knock rumbled in as the smooth guitar melody chimed in. 

I adjusted the headphone as the producer stared. My notebook sat in front of me as i closed my eyes moving into the next part.

"Silver in the river,sets on my mind"
"Silver in the river, it flows blind"
"Silver in the river, i see it in your eyes"
"Sil-verrrr- eyyyesss"

"I see you running back, backwards"

"I feel it in my chest"

"See you running in the foreground"

"Say it's for the best"
I sung in a Low pitch voice as the the piano played.

"I'm in the wake of the waves"

"I can hear your breath"

"By the flicker of the lights"

"I watched the tide subside"
I sung controlling my emotions.

"And i look into your silver eyes"

"And something doesn't seem quite right"

"And its only the second night"

I sung as his face appeared in my head as i opened my eyes to the room filled with my label, manager and assistant.

Drying the un'fallen tears from my eyes as i took a deep swallow removing the head phones as i walked towards the door.

I stood there getting myself in order as i pulled it open with a slight smile.

"Did you just write that?"

Omar grant asked the A&R of the label.

"Yeah, over the mini vacation i had back home" i softly spoke as i sat in the chair.

"That's beautiful Floral, it's definitely different, but man" he clapped.

"I actually lost my train of thought" he mumbled looking at my manager.

"Same here, didn't think you would be in the studio the same day you flew back"

My manager said looking my way.

"Just wanted to get this track out while i was in the zone"

I spoke as everyone started to clear the room.

"He's going to bring in a lot of money"

One of the label heads said before the door closed.

Baz looked at as he smirked, "here you go" he sat the cup of tea down as he walked towards the door.

"Did Baz fill you in on this upcoming week, you're doing a few radio appearances, you also have the Big brother charity event this week"

He spoke as he scrolled through the calendar on his iPad.

"The label dinner will end this week so make sure you're their. Shawn is hosting, so networks will be in. Which is perfect for the release of your album."

He spoke as he was walking towards the door.

"Oh and interact more with your fans online. Your twitter feed is going crazy. What you did back home brought a really nice image to your name"

He said as he walked out the door.

"He's talking about the video of you singing at your church, and also the pictures and videos of you talking with the people in your old neighborhood"

Baz said giving me the iPad as i scrolled through my feed.

Handing him back the ipad as it only brought back memories of him.

Rubbing my head as i reached for my phone.

"I'll finish mastering it, but so far everything is good Floral. Check it man, i work with a lot of artist here, but you man" he adjusted his jacket as he grabbed his bag.

"You're the real deal man, here" he said handed me his card. "When you ready to work on your next album, tell your manager email me. I must be apart of the history you're about to make bro"

He dapped me up as he walked towards the door. Baz stood up as it closed, he took the seat that was in front of me as i sat my phone down.

"What happen back home? And don't say nothing" he spoke as he scrolled towards the engineer table.

"This is pure pain" he spoke as he was playing the song back.

"That pitch, i could hear the tears in your voice Lee."

He rumbled on as i sighed looking at him.

"I pay you, you take care of my work not my personal life Baz. That's the last time I'm going to address this with you."

He spoke as he tensed up.

"I know you mean well Baz, but it's a respect thing. That's the only side of my life i have a say over"

I mumbled as he massages my shoulders.

"I get it. I'm sorry"

He apologized as he walked in front of me.

"Take the rest of the day off"

I said as he looked at me.

"You for real?"

He asked as i chuckled.

"Yes. Go on a date, get you some business"

I laughed as he smiled.

"Thank you"

• + •

Pulling out my MacBook as i slid the hard drive in, uploading the recorded copy.

[two more weeks until my album drops. #godisglory  #Floral , thank you ALL for believing in me. Wrote this for you, & all those who have lost someone special.
https://soundcloud.com/Ha'keem Lee/Floral-Second_Night ]

Sending the tweet as i watched the Retween and favorite bloom into the thousand. Closing my laptop as i dropped it into my bag walking towards the door.

• + •