Chapter 26 The Capaneus Challenge

after Freya told them everything about their mother she could know about her and the value she was to her familia, the twin's decided that it would be best if they asked Ganesha about their dad in a later time since it was late and he would be busy by now. they would try to find free time to ask about their father, for now, they went home and got ready for the event tomorrow. after the battles took place, it was a winning streak for the Hestia familia and this was made noted and kept for now by the guild since it was so incredible and unusual, with all this, they are now wondering what is Capansue doing absent not with them when he went out this morning.
Bell:"hey, where's Capaneus, he didn't have anything so he wouldn't just miss the tournament, would he"
Andromeda:"I don't know, but I guess that Adoni is covering for him today"
Adoni's thought's:"I hope he isn't doing anything rash or crazy like he usually does"
the soma familia were defeated, and Adoni proved she wasn't all cute and sweet, she got her opponent's pressure point's locked and he was then defeated without landing a single blow on Adoni as she was to fast for him, she basically humiliated him in front of everyone making the member furious.
Adoni's thought's:"I have been training with my big brother this entire time, I am not the pushover people think I am"
Bell:"you did great Adino... and you didn't even need your needles...or the other weapon's you have"
Adoni:"yeah... I'm getting stronger"
Adoni's thought's:" just wait I'll be great, then I can make Capaneus see I'm not a kid anymore so he'll stop worrying about me so much and focus more on himself before he died protecting me"
Adoni was a master of pressure point's, in the past Adoni threw throwing needles at Bell's neck to make his heart stop and breathing bearly operating, but after 30 minuet's of "death" however, Bell came back and was numb for a week, and she also stunned Capaneus for a few minutes with a needle in his arm, till Capaneus by force moved his body, overcoming the pressure point hit to remove the needle.
Enia:"now this event is different, we have a very compelling challenge now, and it's called..."
Enia froze with a dumb look on her face and was petrified to her bone's and couldn't move"
Misha:"come on Enia, read it"
Enia:"...it's...it's... the Capaneus Challenge...this will be messy"
everyone was silent and scared to see what this was.
Loki:"oh dear god, what kind of sick twisted idea of a sick, twisted joke is this"
Hestia:"...I'm scared"
the teams were even more scared since they were the ones in this event.
Ais:"the Capaneus Challenge, I can only imagine a challenge made for all of us to lose with everything broken"
Finn:"I don't know what it is, but I don't like it"
Bell:"anything with Capaneus's name directly in it can't be anything good"
Enia:"now there are rule's for this event, but first we need you all to know this, in this event, the level limiter is active, and so is the field that makes you incapable of dying, but anything puncturing or slashing is still active now, unlike the other event's where puncturing weapon's only simulating the pain and automatically substitute it with nerve pain like a punch, this time it's real so we urge you not to push yourself too hard off of the damage that can be done"
this did not make anyone at ease, in fact, it made them start to panic and act irrationally without any real thought.
Bete:"what the hell kind of challenge is this, do they plan to torcher us to death here"
Enia:"now pick your teammate who will fight in this event...and choose extra carefully this time...only your strongest may survive this...I hope"
Bell:"...I'll go, if this involves Capaneus, I have the most experience, I'll be fine"
Lily:"...fine, then please win, but keep yourself safe, we need you back in one piece"
Bell:"okay, I will"
Bell's thought's:"well I'll at least try to come back in one piece, we need these point's, not for the prize, but for my friend's hard work to pay off, they earned it"
as the other selected competitors entered, they were shivering in fear at the thought of the challenge that lied ahead of them that would probably break them.
Enia:"here are the rulers, no magic, no weapon's, and no armor, and no help, everything else though, stand's"
Finn:"was it smart to send Tiona in there, I mean, these rule's are in favor to her...but still"
Tione:"right now, I just hope she doesn't get to hurt, oh why did she have to volunteer"
Rivaria:"Oh please, how hard can the challenge be, even if Capaneus made it, it shouldn't be impossible...right"
then an arena came out, at first people thought that they all had to fight one another which made people released, but then choosing sticks came out.
Enia:"grab a stick, and pull it out, the color's you pull will then go to the when of number's to choose the order you all go in this event"
Bell's thought's:"what kind of event did you come up with Capaneus.
they chose their stick's and the wheel spun, and when it stopped, Bell was first in the event and they all stepped back in fear, then a voice came from the arena that was still smoking.
Capaneus:"(laughter) so Bell's first, this should be interesting"
then Capaneus came out with everyone surprised.
Enia:"now to tell you the challenge...the challenge is...to last the longest against Capaneus in a fisticuff match"
everyone was dead silent and the member's on the stand turned white, while the competitors participating except Bell turned a new form of white and they all realized the danger in an instant.
Rivaria:"I take back what I said a while ago, this is a death sentence a massacre, a murdering of the god's rage in physical form, call Tiona back, quick"
Leviya:"dear Loki, she's gonna die"
Welf:"WAIT, THAT'S WHAT WE'RE DOING...Bell, please win, I lost all hope in coming back, and I like living to be honest, you're my friend and teammate, and you also wouldn't let Capaneus kill all of us would you"
Allen's thought's:"if I knew it be this kind of event, I would have let Ottar take it"
Hermes:"they were so young, so very young"
Bell stepped up and in tradition, to the 2 fighting they put their fist on the others with a smile and looked at each other's eyes.
Lily:"what are they doing, fist-bumping"
Satoshi:"this is what they alway's do before a fight, make their short claim's and say their piece, this mean's their not holding back, this isn't a half-assed match, this is the real deal, and it alway's end's in blood from both before they break one another"
Bell:"I, Bell Cranel say my piece, I won't back down, and for my familia, my friend's, and my family that has faith in me, I will beat you with my everything"
Capaneus:"I, Capaneus Drakon say my piece, I will not hold back, I will not give mercy, whether your family, friend or Allie, I will beat you with my everything"
Both:"this is my claim to fight till I am broken, and past that we hold to true...may the winner triumph over and clam his right to say he won over the lost opponent"
Loki:"that was an awesome way to say "may the best man win" I wonder if this match will be easy for Capaneus, he molded Bell into what he is, doesn't he have his move's written down by now"
the 2 stood there locked in their fist, and Enia decided to start them like that, the 2 watching one another's movement's and as the match started Capaneus used the stone breaker on Bell at practical point blank range, slamming his body on the rock that was about 15 feet behind him, hard enough to crack it to nearly collapse.
Wiene:"NO, BELL"
Hestia:"does he have no restraint, that could very well kill him"
Hestia's thought's:" even if he wasn't holding back, that hit would be seriously damaging, especially with it hitting his face like that"
Loki:"well... he survived, at least he made it out alive"
Gaianda:"so this is why he was never defeated, even if they survived a hit like that, their body would be far too damaged to even move to fight anymore, no one could have kept fighting after an attack that strong, it's terrifying"
Lily:"is this it... is it really over already... so quickly without even a chance"
Enia:"well, I'll just mark down 2 second's, if he was able to Beat Capaneus he would have got 50 point's, but I guess that's a little much to ask for...especially now"
Capaneus:"you know, my stone breaker got stronger since we last fought Bell, as I got stronger and smarter, I got so much more prepared for us to fight again... I'm not the same man I was a few months ago"
then as Bell suddenly pushed Capaneus away, he got his footing and did a stone breaker of his very own on Capaneus's jaw having him fly almost 30 feet away and slammed hard into the rock behind having crack's on it as well, nearly breaking the entire thing in the process, the crowd was amazed that Bell could have moved, let alone counterattack after a hit like that.
Bell:"yeah... your right, about everything, especially your stone breaker, it was stronger than last time, but you know what... I'm not the same man I was a few months ago either, after taking the stone breaker from you with a blessing now, it feel's soft compared to getting hit with it without one, even if you did hold back then"
everyone was shocked that Bell actually called that hit soft, let alone taking hit's like that without a blessing and surviving, however, Capaneus laughed as he never thought someone would say the stone Breaker was soft before.
Capaneus:"soft...that's a new one and since you have a blessing now, let's see...just how much you've grown since becoming an adventurer Bell"
the 2 then charged at each other and traded blows and defenses, neither one gaining an upper hand on either, this then had them fight in the tree's, in the rock pillar's, and even underwater, and when Capaneus was extra riled up he used his magic, and he first had used his windbolt to attack Bell, and in this instance he also broke off a branch and used it as a club.
Lily:"HEY, I THOUGHT YOU SAID NO WEAPONS OR MAGIC"
Capaneus:"THAT GOES FOR THEM, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ME"
Bell was then I trouble and as Bell seemed like he would lose, he then focused on his skill, Argonaut and Dragon's rage/ healing and then his body glower a blue color and his injuries started to heal.
Alvin:"hey I thought you said no magic"
Capaneus:"...this isn't magic"
Enia:"then...what is this"
Enyo:"he's not using Magic, he's using his skill's"
Alvin:"that mean's he's disqualified right"
Enia:"no, I never said you can't use your skill's, so this is legal"
then as Capaneus tried to hit Bell, he was thrown in the air with the club he had instantly broken and then Bell set up the Steel breaker and as Capaneus saw that, he then got out an adamantite shield and as Bell used the Steel breaker, he broke through the shield and was able to hit Capaneus, given the shield absorbed a considerable amount of the impact power, and as he flew down the entire arena shattered, even breaking the front section's if the stand's with the crack's. as Bell released his power, he fell to his knee's and in the still smoked area, Capaneus was standing, like as Bete said, a symbol representing how the weak will never surpass the strong, that if Bell gave up there and then, his pain will be over for that was the easy way out of a life of pain that surely awaited him, the crowd saw as this happened and every one of Bell's friend's and family were worried. as the smoke started to clear, it revealed something that shocked everyone. Capaneus was out cold, but he wasn't standing, he was wedged into a rock that has yet to collapse and as it finally did, Capaneus fell fast with no reaction whatsoever. as Bell was declared the winner, his friend's carried him back to the infirmary and both Capaneus and Bell were treated for their injuries and the people were determining if Capaneus fought to his fullest, and this was because of one person who refused to accept defeat like this again.
Alvin:"Capaneus could have held back in that fight, I say it doesn't count"
Loki:"if you think that fight was holding back, you have no brain, no eye's, no ears and still lying through your teeth, it count's alright, so what about the other team's"
Enia:"well, with Capaneus in intensive care, and the arena destroyed, I guess we'll just have a quiz and rank based on score"
this day wasn't over just yet because Capaneus regained cautiousness.