I don't want to marry him

Brooklyn's POV

It was five in the morning when I reached home; the dark night sky slowly melting into soft shades of orange and pink, welcoming a new day.

I had been away the whole night, on a cheeky rendezvous with my fiance, Ryan Beaumont; the Charming prince of Spain. He is a nice guy with an attractive persona and great sense of humour.

'But he is not enough.' I thought as the car stopped in front of my house. Prince Ryan offered to drop me home but I didn't want to cause him more trouble - or risk getting caught, since we're not allowed to meet before marriage.

However, the truth is that I just wanted to get away from him. He is a really sweet guy but I can't seem to see him as more than a friend. With an inaudible sigh, I stepped out of the car as Aiden - my personal driver - went to parking garage. I trust Aiden. He won't tell a fly anything until I say so.

Dragging my feet against the concrete pathway, I made my way towards the Tomlinson Palace.

The palace was not extravagantly huge despite us being the royal family of England

The palace was not extravagantly huge despite us being the royal family of England. My Mother and Father are humble people and don't like to show off their wealth and status. However,  It doesn't mean that they don't care about their status at all. The status of this Family is the reason I'm marrying Prince Ryan of Spain - another reason why the idea of this marriage suffocates me, because it's nothing but a mere business deal between two royal families. I scoffed at the thought, walking into the spacious living room. Everyone was still asleep.

Ryan and I have been engaged for two months now and in this speck of time, I have learned nothing valuable about Mr

Ryan and I have been engaged for two months now and in this speck of time, I have learned nothing valuable about Mr. Beaumont except that He is a wealthy young man with a attractively rebellious personality.

The wedding date is fixed two months from now. I have no feelings for the Prince of Spain and I don't want to marry someone I don't love. I have contemplated telling mother and father about my doubtful decision but I'm afraid that they will force this marriage upon me for the sake of their reputation and name.

They are not bad parents. They care about my happiness - They always had. But they won't care once they find out what (or whom) I really want.

I can tell my siblings but Lottie is too young and Louis is too far away. The only option is Andy and He'll probably tell Mum or Louis. Besides he won't support me in my choice of love. I am stuck in a mire and there is no one to pull me out.

With another tired exhale, my thoughts drifted back to Prince Ryan.
Andy and Lottie haven't met Ryan yet. I have told them about his charismatic personality and while Lottie was drooling over my descriptive portrayals, Andy seemed totally unimpressed. He has always been like this; stubborn and hard to please. We usually joke that he is a princess, not a prince.

I smiled slightly at the memory as I ascended the staircase and entered my room.

My room was too lavish for my liking

My room was too lavish for my liking. Although, I'm thankful for everything I have, I still dislike the luxury and wealth we've been granted with, when there are millions of people starving to death every year.

I may be the perfect prince whom everyone adores but there are times when I want to be normal for once. There are times when I pray for an escape from this opulently hectic lifestyle and run off to the wilderness, where no one would dote on my every move, where I'd be able to dance and fly and soar into the skies without a fear, where It'll be just me, him and the moon.

I flopped onto my plushy bed with a dreamy sigh.

'Maybe my knight in shining armour will come and free me from this luxurious prison.'

I silently prayed to the Gods above to listen to my wistful plaints, because I didn't want to marry Prince Ryan and live a loveless life.

I closed my eyes and drifted off into the world of dreams; where there were no restrictions and no boundaries, just him and I, running through the fields, with our laughter echoing all around.

~~

I added the pictures to make everything more imaginable. Though, You all are free to have different imaginary setting.

-VanishalovesLarry 💫