Leave me alone

Andy's POV (Surprise😉)

It has been one year. One year without Rye. One year without my son. One year without my family. One year of being alone. And heartbroken. And miserable. And tired.

I still remember the nights when I used to scream and cry, until my lungs gave out. I still remember begging those people to let me go back to my family. I still remember how they would sedate me and I would go numb and emotionless. I still remember everything I went through, everything I endured. Alone.

No one was there for me. No one ever came to visit me. No one even called or texted to ask If I was even okay? Because no one cared enough.

I wasn't allowed to meet or call someone. The doctors told me that It was the best for me. It wasn't. Because at that time, I needed someone with me, to take me in their arms and assure me that everything is going to be alright. I needed Rye to do all of that. I needed him the most and he wasn't there.

But I still didn't give up. Because I knew I needed to be strong for Rye, for Javier, for Brook and all of the other people who have so much faith in me. I knew I needed to be Strong because Rye wouldn't give up on me, on our love, ever.

But I guess I was wrong.

Flashback

Today was the day I was finally getting released from this hell hole, aka the Rehabilitation center. Everyone thought I'd get better by living here. But that's not what happened.

Yeah sure, the nightmares did stop. And I don't have those awful flashbacks or hallucinations anymore. But I feel numb. Like I was drained of all my emotions. I was, in a way. These people, who call themselves doctors, sometimes they forget that medicine is not the cure to everything. They forgot that sedating me and giving me various medications and drugs won't help me forget what happened. Yes, It may reduce the fear. But It won't make me forget that my baby and I almost died.

I sighed as I packed up my things. I'm so happy to finally get out of this place and go back to London. Don't get me wrong. Winchester is a beautiful town. It's just.. It's not my home. I don't belong here. I don't belong anywhere but In Rye's arms.

"Oh, What's the matter? I've not seen you smile like that ever since I met you."

I turned around and faced Max, my roommate, who was also busy packing his things but now was staring at me with a small smile. Honestly, one of the only good things that came out of this whole situation was that I made a friend like Max.

Max was a really nice and down to earth guy, with a great amount of sass and humour. When I first came here, He was just a sad and silent guy. He had a hard time opening up to me and honestly, Who would open up to a crazy guy who screamed his lungs out so the doctors would let him go back to 'his Rye'? But Max did. He came up to me one day, grabbed my arm in a tight grip and turned me around harshly.

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, STOP SCREAMING YOU IDIOT. I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY YOU ARE HERE BUT PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP. THE MORE YOU SHOUT, THE MORE THEY WILL KEEP YOU HERE, AWAY FROM 'YOUR RYE'." He had shouted at me. Which made me shut up instantly and fall into his arms, crying. He had held me tightly while I sobbed and poured my heart out to him. When I calmed down, I apologized for ruining his shirt which he had brushed off, saying it doesn't matter.

And That's how we became friends.

And Now, five months later, we are finally free to leave this stupid rehab center. I zipped up my bag before turning around to face him completely.