The Birthday

Rye's POV

I walked towards Javier's room as Mikey stayed back to talk with Dan about something. We arrived here about 15 minutes ago and Dan had greeted me with a warm smile and and a fatherly hug. He had asked me about my job, my health and just life in general, assuring me that I can always come to him If I need anything. It had made me tear up a bit because after everything that has happened to his son, He still cares about me, even though He is not obliged to. I know that everything Andy went through, It was none of my fault. But I'll never forgive myself for not being strong enough to save him.

As I walked in the room, I expected a Happy Javier playing with Jack and Brook. But the sight in front of me was completely different.

Here they are, my two friends, Making out against the wall, instead of taking care of my son, who was sleeping peacefully Btw. I coughed a little to get their attention and almost immediately, they jumped away from each other, looking like deers caught in headlight.

"I-Uh Rye I- You could have k-knocked." Brook said, blushing heavily. Jack was even worse than him. He couldn't even look up as He fiddled with his hands.

"Why? Last time I checked, It was my son's room. Not a place for you both to make porno." I said sarcastically.

"We were just- Uh- Um..--" Brook stuttered.

"No need for explanations. We all knew that there was something going on between you and Jack." I shrugged, making my way over to Javier.

Jack excused himself as he walked out of the door hurriedly. Poor lad. He must be so embarrassed. I asked Brook to go after him, So I can have a little time with my son.

"Hey Javy Baby! Wake up, Sunshine. It's time for your birthday party." I whispered lovingly as I picked him up.

"Da-da?" He mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes with one hand. I cooed at How cute he was.

"Yes, baby. You are one year old today, Jav. Such a big boy you are." I kissed his forehead.

"Bigh?" He looked at me confusedly.

"Yes. Dada's big baby." I smiled at him. And even though He still didn't understand what I said, the word Dada and My smile were enough to put a huge smile on his own face.

"Dadaaa" He smiled and Hugged me tightly. I laughed at his cuteness before walking out of the room.

~

We reached the hotel where Javier's first birthday is being celebrated. Mikey drove with me and Javier while Dan, Brook, Jack and Lottie were in the other car. Harry and Louis will arrive in a few minutes, they were late because Harry had a meeting. Poor guy. He probably heard an earfull from Louis about being late on his only nephew's first birthday.

I got out of the car with Javier in my arms as Mikey parked the car.

"Dada?" He questioned me with big confused eyes. I only smiled at him before walking inside. Most of the guests were already here and enjoying the party.