Why

Andy's POV

I woke up, feeling better than before. I looked around and suddenly sat straight up. Shit I was in Rye's room. AND I just had my boxers on with a T-shirt that doesn't looks like mine. Memories from yesterday came rushing through my head. And I had a lot of questions that need answers. Why did Rye let me sleep here? Did he change my clothes? What happened after I passed out yesterday? Where is he now? And most importantly, Why did Rye behave so gently with me yesterday?

I got up from the bed and walked into the washroom. After freshening up a bit, I went downstairs. My knees still hurt a little but they were neatly wrapped up in a bandage now. Rye probaby did that too. The thought made me smile softly.

I stopped suddenly as I heard a voice. Is Rye singing a song? I peeked into the kitchen and saw him making breakfast while singing softly. His back was towards me so I stood as quietly as Possible and listened to his beautiful voice.

🎶 And baby everything I have is yours,
You will never go cold or hungry.
I'll be there when you're insecure,
Let you know that you're always lovely.
Boy, 'cause you are,
The only thing that I got right now

One day when the sky is falling,
I'll be standing right next to you,
Right next to you. 🎶

I stood there smiling so wide as he stopped singing.

"You have a beautiful voice."

He jumped a little and turned around.
"GOD! Andy you scared me." He said huffing.
"Sorry" I giggled.
"But no seriously. Why don't you actually make songs of your own? I mean you're amazing Rye." I said as I sat down on the chair.
"Because I'm a Prince and I have duties.... And I didn't have anybody for whom I could sing songs" He said, looking at me from the corner of his eyes.
"Well you could sing to me." I replied.
"Oh really? Would you like that?" His tone changed a bit as he turned to look at me.
"I would love that" I replied softly, looking into his beautiful brown eyes.

He gave me a smile and turned around, shaking his head fondly.

"Alright Princess as you wish." He said smirking mischievously.

"Now eat this breakfast before it gets cold." He continued, giving me a plate of chocolates pancakes, egss and bacon and Mango juice.

We ate in silence until I broke it.
"You're a good cook."
"Well. Thank You. But this is a normal things for Princes and Princesses as we all have cooking classes in training too. Didn't you had them?" He asked.
"I did. But I used to just sit around usually. I was not a fan of cooking. But Brooky was a great cook--"
I stopped suddenly when I realized what have I said. No one has mentioned Brook since he left and this is the first time ever that I've even said Brook's name in front of Rye.

"I-I-I'm sorry Rye. I didn't realize-" I started to apologize.
"Don't worry. Its okay. And Yeah He was great at cooking." He said with a small sad smile.

"Uhh.. Where is Sophie? And everyone else?" I tried to change the topic, avoiding this awkward talk.
"Oh yeah. I've given them an off today. Because I've a lot of important things to do." He said, coming back from his distant trance.
"What kind of things?" I asked curiously.
"You'll find out soon." He said, smiling secretly.

What.

"Uhm.. Ryan?" I asked him as he got up to put the dishes in dishwasher.

"Yeah babe?" He replied, not really paying any attention.

Babe. What is this guy doing to me?
I sighed and started to speak what was on my mind since this morning.
"Thank you for saving me yesterday. I really owe you. And I'm so sorry for behaving so oddly and I know I shouldn't have just run away But I was so shocked and I don't know what would've happened If you haven't come--" I rambled on and suddenly Rye shushed me, putting his index finger on my lips and looking me directly in the eye.