My Safe Place

Andy's POV

It was the day of Mum's funeral. We were at the location where the funeral ceremony is going to take place. It looks like the whole city is present here today. The sky was cloudy and there was not even a speck of sunshine, almost as If the Whole World is in grief.

I feel proud of my mum because everyone who is present here is genuinely sad. My mum was the greatest Queen ever. The kindest soul. And not just England but The whole World is going to miss her.

I was standing beside Rye as he held me, comforting me and whispering soothing words in my ear. I appreciate everything he has done for me in the last 2 days. He has taken care of me better than I had imagined. The way he has comforted me both physically and mentally has made me love him even more. I was wrong when I said Rye Beaumont was an asshole because now I know the real Ryan, the one who'll do anything to protect and Comfort his loved ones.

Finally the hearse arrived and the funeral service started. The speeches of family and close friends were really sad. My father started to cry despite trying his hardest not to, so he ended his speech right then. It was weird to see my father so broken and empty because he was the strongest person I've ever known. Lottie didn't say anything because she was already a mess. Our Aunt, Shella, was comforting her the whole time.

Louis did pretty well, talking about How Mum was not just a great Queen but an amazing mother as well. The whole time he had his eyes locked with Harry's, who had a reassuring and comforting smile on his face. Louis had tears in his eyes but He didn't cry and when the speech ended, He jumped into Harry's arms.
"You did so well baby. I'm proud of you." I heard Harry whisper to my brother.
I smiled faintly. Harry is such a good man. When they got married, I was a bit scared because He seemed so strict and arrogant. But Louis had insisted that 'Haz is not that bad. He is a sweetheart.' And after a while, I figured that He had been right.

Finally It was My turn. I was a bit nervous that I would mess up in front of everyone, But Rye squeezed my hand assuringly and gave me a small smile. As If to say that He was right here so I don't need to be scared. I smiled back and Went to the stage.

"Good Afternoon everyone! First of all I would like to thank you all for coming here today. I know my mother was a great person and you all loved her very much. My mother was not just a mother, but she was like a friend to me. I shared everything with her and she always stood beside my side in hard times. There was no one else who could understand me better than her. And even though, she was annoying at times and she spoiled me way too much", there were a few laughs at that. "She is the reason I'm here today. The reason I've everything I ever wanted. And I'm sure She is watching over us right now. I'll always love her. No one can take her place in my heart. No one." I broke down at the end and the tears started to fall. Rye came rushing towards me and hugged me tightly. He took me to a nearby bench and sat down, with me in his lap.

"Shh.. It's okay baby. I'm here. Your mother is here. She is watching over you and It will make her really sad if you cry like this." He said, wiping my tears.

I calmed down after a few minutes. And just hugged Rye because his arms were my safe place.

"Rye?" I asked him softly.

"Yes My love?" He replied in a loving voice.

"Thank you for everything." I said as I closed my eyes.

"No baby. You don't need to thank me. I did What I was supposed to. The real hero here is you. You're so strong. My strong baby." He kissed my head.
I smiled. I was so lucky to have him in my life.

~

It was a while after the funeral ceremony finished. Everyone was giving their condolences to our family, mostly to Louis and My father. A few people came to me as well but seeing as I was not feeling that well, they went back after a small talk. I was leaning against Rye, not really in the mood to talk.