Marry Him Andy

Brooklyn's POV

I sneaked into the palace from the back door and tip toed silently towards my room. It was 11 at night. It was not that unusual for normal teenagers to stay out till midnight but when It concerned the Prince of England, It was both unusual and frowned upon. However, the 'responsible Prince of England' and the 'favourite son of Daniel Tomlinson' didn't care at the moment.

My face was hurting from all the smiling and laughing I had done with my lover today. This rendezvous of ours was surely a memorable one.

Suddenly, my smile vanished as I remembered that in less than 2 months, everything is going to change for me. I'll have to marry Prince Ryan and leave the palace behind. I'll have to leave my family behind. I'll have to leave him behind.

Tears welled up in my eyes and my heart throbbed with the thoughts of leaving my loved ones. I wouldn't be able to live happily without my family  or him. My love. I'll miss him so much. His laugh. His smile. His eyes. His touch. I would never forget the moments spent with him. We made promises to stay beside each other till death do us apart. But....

Am I willing to let an arranged marriage tear us apart?

'No.' I stop crying.

'No. I won't give up that easily. I can't and I won't.' I wiped my tears furiously. 'I can't live without him. I wouldn't be able to live without him. I have to do something - something for myself. I have sacrificed enough for this Kingdom. Not anymore though. For once, I will be selfish and do something for my own happiness.'

The fire of liberty raged deep within my caged heart and at that moment, I made up my mind.

~ After two months ~

"Nathan! Is the ballroom ready for tomorrow?" Queen Johannah was rushing around the palace with excitement echoing from her every step.

"Yes, my lady." Nathan bowed respectfully.

"Marvellous. Everything should be perfect. Afterall, It's my youngest boy's wedding tomorrow." A radiant smile made it's way on her face as she spoke. Her jubilation could be sensed from afar.

"Alice! Is the Buffet menu ready? Are the chefs here yet!?" Her gleeful smile soon turned into an upside down frown with worry etched deep between her eyebrows.

"Yes, my lady. Everything is ready. You don't need to worry" Alice answered with a knowing smile.

"I can't help it, Alice. It's just so..." She paused as nostalgia took over her features, "...overwhelming. My baby.. My Brooklyn is getting married tomorrow. I want everything to be perfect for my son's big day."

As she was speaking, the said son came rushing downstairs. Brooklyn made his way towards his mother and pecked her cheeks softly.

"Hi mum."

"Hi darling."

"What were you talking about?" Brook asked smiling.

"Oh I was just saying it's so overwhelming that you're getting married tomorrow. It just feels like yesterday when you were born and now.. you're getting married before my eyes. My big baby" She said, tearing up a bit.
Brook's face fell a bit at that. But he composed himself quickly.
"Don't worry mum. Everything will be alright. No matter how old i get I'll always be your little Brook" I said hugging her.
"Yes. Always. I love you Brooky."
"I love you too mum"
If only she knew what was going to happen tomorrow.