Chapter 3

"Ana, you look as beautiful as ever." Christian says as soon as he opens the door for me. I blush violently and place a kiss on his cheek before buckling my seatbelt in. 

"Where are we going to walk?" I ask, placing my hands on my lap. He moves the gear-stick, arm muscles tensing. 

"Wait and see. We have something to discuss." He says with a smirk, eyes plastered onto the road ahead of him. We sit in silence just like we did the night before. I lean back in my chair and look out of the window. Christian was driving us out of Seattle and into the more rural areas, an area which I had barely encountered before. The sky was misty, fog was draping over the city like a thick blanket. It was going to rain without a doubt. Perhaps this would set an appropriate mood for our walk. He pulls up in front of a lonely forest and he gets out his side, assisting me out of my side. I nod with gratitude and shut the door. As soon as my skin encountered the supposedly harsh July air, I instantly pull my jacket tighter over my chest. We slowly walk, hands in our pockets, beside each other. Rain droplets began to drip onto tree leaves, creating an atmosphere around us. We get to a small lake and we get to a stop. Christian looks over the slowly moving water. 

"What's wrong? I can tell something is upsetting you." I ask, placing a hand on his shoulder. He tenses before relaxing. He turns to face me and places his hands on my shoulders. Looks like someone wants to be dominant.

"It's a difficult question, but listen to me, okay? You have to just listen to me." 

"Christian," I chuckle "I listen to whatever you have to say." He looks down at me and places a hand on my cheek. 

"Would you ever consider... you know... becoming a thing? A relationship." 

"A relationship?" 

"Yeah. You know, k-" 

"I know what a relationship is, Christian. But... why me?" I ask. He shrugs and drops his hands from my shoulders and turns to face the lake again. I frown slightly from the loss of contact. He didn't reply for a while so I knew that there wouldn't be an answer to my question. "I'll try it out." 

His body snaps to look at me. "Really?" His eyes gleam. I nod in response. "I need you to sign a contract first. It's in the car. Come." He links fingers with mine and my heart jumps as if it were jumping over an obstacle course. We wander through the forest and get to his Audi. He leans over to reach into the glove compartment as soon as he's sat down in his seat, and pulls out a brown folder. He undoes the string and pulls out a piece of paper and a pencil. 

"This is what you wanted to talk to me about? And why do I need to sign a contract." 

"Yes, it was important. It's a nondisclosure agreement meaning that you cannot discuss anything about us with anyone." I nod and scribble my signature at the bottom of the paper. 

"So, are you going to make love to me now?" 

"Two things; first, I don't make love-" Christian leans forward, leather jacket squealing against the leather seat "I fuck." 

"A-and the second thing?" I gulp, leaning back in the seat. 

"Just sit back and wait." With Christian, it was always a waiting game. Sighing, I lean back and cross my arms over my chest. In the corner of my eyes, I see him smirking as if he just won a game. 

"Welcome home, Mr Grey." A blonde, short haired lady said. She took his and my coat and draped them over her arms. 

"Thank you Mrs Jones." 

"I'm just doing my job." She says with a smile. 

"This is Anastasia Steele. Ana, this is Mrs Jones." Christian introduces me. I grin and shake her hand. 

"Hi. Oh and it's just Ana. It's nice to meet you. I'm Ana by the way... But you already knew that." I mumble on. She chuckles and nods. 

"I should get going. See you tomorrow." She hangs out stuff up before grabbing her own coat and walking into the elevator. Classical music was playing softly in the background as Christian grabbed my wrist lightly and pulled me upstairs. I giggled nervously as he pulled me along. We get to one room with a keyhole in the doorknob. He places a hand in his pocket and hesitates. 

"Now, in here is my playroom."

"What, where you play games or xbox?"

"No, Ana. Before I show you this room, I need you to know that Taylor can escort you home whenever you are ready to leave." I roll my eyes and lean on one leg. 

"Oh, my God. Just open the door." He pauses for a few more seconds before unlocking the door. The lights brighten to reveal a red room. The walls were plush with a red velvet wallpaper. The floor was a light leather brown and there was a red bed in the centre wall, with black glossy bedposts. Whips were hanging on a rack, glass cabinets held... toys? My heart beat faster as I inspected every little thing. 

"Ana. Say something. Anything." I place my hand on a whip before turning around. 

"You're a fucking sadist?" 

"A dominant." 

"What's the difference?" 

"Dominant means that you will willingly surrender yourself to me." 

"What's the point of that?" I ask, sitting down on the red couch. "And can it get any redder in here, Jesus." 

"The point of that is to please me." 

"Please you?" He nods in response. 

"I have rules. If you follow them, I'll reward you. If you don't, I'll punish you." My mouth dropped slightly. "I understand it's a lot to take in." I stand up slowly and look around. 

"So will we g-go on dates?" 

"No. That's not my kind of thing." He places two fingers under my chin and lifts up my head. 

"What if this whole, 'red room of punishment' thing is not my type of thing?" 

"Then I would understand completely but we wouldn't be able to have a relationship of the sorts." I nod and Christian leads me out of the room. He closes the door behind me and locks it. I wonder if Mrs Jones has ever had to clean it. What would she of thought about all this stuff. We walk downstairs and I sit on the couch. "Would you like something to drink?" He asks. 

"Yes please." 

"Is champagne alright?" 

"Yeah." I call out. I look at the dark Seattle view. The city lights were shining, the sun was setting which was painting an orange sky as it disappeared. I lean on my arm against the back of the sofa and sigh. I turn around once Christian says my name. He hands me the drink and sits beside me. I watch the sunset with a small smile. I sipped from my champagne glass and thought about the situation that had just happened. Turning to face Christian, he grabs my glass and places it on the floor beside me before placing his hands over mine. 

"In order to make this sexual commitment work out, I need to know what sort of things you enjoyed and didn't enjoy while having sex." 

"I-uh... I wouldn't know." Oh how I wished the glass was in my hands so I could cover my blushing cheeks and blame it on the alcohol. 

"What? You mean that you're still a virgin." By now, I was blushing as red as the red room. It was like I was having a conversation with my mother about sex for the first time. "Okay, well please tell me you've done other things before, right?" I bite my lip and shake my head. "Where have you been all my life?" 

"Waiting for you I guess." I crack a small smile. He pulls me up with one hand. "What are you doing?" 

"Rectifying the situation." 

"I'm a situation?" I ask whilst being dragged away from the couch.