Chapter 27

General POV 

Listen to: PRBLEMS - 6LACK

Beer bottles surrounded Christian's trembling body. He sobbed into the tear stained floor. He hadn't let anybody in, mentally and physically. Of course everyone is worried sick about him, but he wasn't going to realise that any time soon. Christian never reacted to a break-up this way. He didn't rely on alcohol and his own tears, it was always a 'goodbye' and then back to basics. The only thing that's kept him together is work, but that's a very thin thread that could snap at any point which could lead him to the very bottom. 

Pushing himself up, his wonky knees were barely stable to keep his frame up. He picked up an empty bottle and threw it across the room, adding to the pile e's made for the past four months. "What the fuck have I done?" He yelled out to himself. This is the only thing he's said. By day, he's a successful businessman who shows no signs of emotions. However, by night he's a broken man who relies on the bitter taste of love and beer to keep him sane. He almost considered smoking but he knew that Anastasia wouldn't approve of the selfish decision. "Oh, Ana." He sighed to himself, hoping that his imagination would respond. He missed the way she would laugh at one of his jokes, or the way she would moan and arch her back as he pleasured her. He missed the way she would bite her lip when she was either turned on or nervous, even though it did unholy things to him. 

His phone buzzed again, making him jump ever so slightly. Sitting up, he peered over the coffee table to look at the screen. Anastasia Steele. Her perfectly shaped face lit up the screen. It's a picture of her smiling on the balcony in his bedroom in just her underwear and his work shirt. Coughing, he picked up his phone and answered. "Anastasia." is voice broke. He was on the verge of crying.

"Christian." God he loved the way she said his name. Loves. 

"Is there a specific reason as to why you're calling?" Christian croaks into the phone, cursing himself after from the harsh approach. 

"It's about the baby. I found the gender out today." He could hear the smile in her voice.

"Did you get the flowers I sent you?" She hesitates before answering.

"I did, yes. They're beautiful." Christian blushes lightly, not just from the alcohol consumption but from her gratefulness. "The gender of the baby is a boy. Mia said we should call him 'Jack' but I'm not sure about the name." Ana chuckles into the phone. 

"Do you have any name ideas?" 

"Oliver maybe? Or Thomas?" 

"I like Oliver." He smiles into the phone.