Chapter 32

Even though it's the middle of July, it's still quite breezy. But that just could be me. Maybe I'm just nervous. I sip from my champagne glass and look out at the view surrounding us. The sun is setting, creating a mixture of blue and lilac. There isn't a cloud in sight, the only thing in the sky is the moon just barely illuminating the city like a dim light bulb. I shift slightly in the plush, white seat so I could get a better look of the area. Looking over my shoulder, I see Christian talking to someone he must know. I smile slightly and look back at the city. It's a perfect area with a comfortable seating section but of course there is paparazzi in all corners of the roof, taking constant pictures of me at all angles. Christian returns and sits beside me, placing a hand on my thigh. "Is everything okay?" He asks me, eyebrows furrowed. 

"What? Oh, of course I'm fine." I reassure him, placing a hand over his. "Who was that you were talking to?" 

"It's just someone who's interested in my work and had a few questions." He shrugs, taking a sip from his glass. 

"Look, I don't want to be rude but can you not talk about work at the moment? It's just that this could be the last date we have together until-" I lower my voice as I continue "Olly is born." 

"I'm sorry. How about we order something?" 

"Yeah. I'm sorry I brought it up. I just wanted to get it out there." 

"God, I hate it when we argue." He groans, making me laugh as I sip carefully. 

"That wasn't arguing. We were negotiating." I roll my eyes and place my glass down. I look back at the scenery and sigh with gratitude towards Christian. "It's so beautiful up here." I squeeze my hand on top of Christian's. 

"Mr Grey?" I hear someone ask. I turn around at the sound of the voice and notice it's a photographer. "I was just wondering if I could get a picture for the Seattle newspaper? It's for an important project." Christian stands up, eyebrows furrowed which makes me nervous. 

"I-" He begins but I stand up and place a hand on his shoulder. 

"If you take a picture of us, will you leave us alone? And tell the rest of those men to leave us alone." I cross my arms over my stomach, cautious to reveal the bump. We both want privacy and we don't want to constantly get harassed with questions about the baby. 

"Ana-" 

"I've got this under control, Christian." 

"Thank you so much Miss." The young photographer smiles at us and I slide a hand around Christian's waist. He copies and we both smile. We get a few flashes from several directions and I pull away from him.

"That's enough. Now please respect our privacy and kindly leave as others are also trying to enjoy their meals." The paparazzi eventually leave and that's when I sit down with a sigh. 

"You handled that surprisingly well. Better than how I deal with it." 

"I can tell from those furrowed brows and scrunched fist." He looks down at his hand and looses his grip and returns his hand back to my thigh. I sip from my glass again and look back at the shining city lights. 

"I can't believe it's been more than a year now together. Well, lets not count the breakup period. The most important thing we have now is Oliver and each other." I gaze into his eyes as I give him my gratitude and love. "I still remember the first time you told me you loved me-" 

"Love." 

"Right, sorry. As I was saying, I still remember the first time you told me you love me and now you tell me pretty much every hour as if I'll forget." I chuckle as I take a bite from the dessert on my fork. 

"I love you. I'm serious. I'm so in love with you." I blush as I lean forward and kiss him for a few seconds. We pull away and I kiss him once more before my phone rings. 

"Sorry, just give me a minute." I lean away from him and open my purse. I search through and eventually find my phone. "Hey, Kate. I'm kind of busy at the moment," I stand up and walk away from the table. "I'll call you back in a few hours if that's okay?" 

"Yeah, sorry. Where are you?" 

"I'm on a date with Christian." 

"It's like you two are teenagers all over again." 

"Everyone says that." I giggle and roll my eyes. 

"Okay, well I'm gonna let you two do your thing. Enjoy your date and don't drink more than two glasses of alcohol. We don't want any problems with Olly." 

"I won't. I love you." 

"I'll call you tomorrow." I smile and hang up, turning around with my eyes still locked on my phone. "It's only Kate. She probably misses me." I look up and Christian is stood up. 

"We should head back, I have work early tomorrow." 

"Okay that's fine. Do you want me to pay?" 

"No! No, I've already payed." He smiles and takes my hand in his which surprises me as he isn't into 'Personal Display of Affection.' I grin and we thank the waitresses and walk out.

Before you start this next part, please listen to the song 'You are the reason'. I know it's cliche and whatnot but it will create a better mood. 

Christian unzips the back of my dress and I carefully step out with a gasp as my bare foot touches the cold floor. I thank him and walk over to my side of the bed and take off my lingerie. Grabbing a white dress shirt that belongs to Christian, I pull it over myself and breathe in his cologne. He turns off the light as I open the balcony doors. "Come dance with me." I hold out my hand and he hesitantly takes it. Pulling him onto the balcony, he closes the door behind him and wraps my arms around his neck. I look into his eyes briefly before leaning against his chest as we lightly sway in sync. For once, the city is quiet with barely any cars under us on the street. "It's like the city has stopped for us." I feel him hum in response. I watch the dark sky and the moon shine brightly. Christian pulls away, making my skin come in contact with the cold evening air. He looks down at me, his eyes darting to all of the features on my face. "What's wrong?" 

"Ana..." He begins. 

"Yes?" 

"I love you. I love you so much it physically hurts me when you leave the room to go to the bathroom, or to... to cook dinner, or to go anywhere. I knew from the minute I met you, I would follow you anywhere. I've fallen head over heels for you and I know I tell you constantly that I love you. But I really do. I've never felt this way about anyone. Not a single submissive or a past girlfriend. When I met you, I knew that you're the one I want. You're the one I want to carry our son and future children, you're the one I want to live with, you're the one I want to go grocery shopping with and sleep with every single night. You're the person I want to lay on my chest every night and listen to my rants about work or hear my heartbeat." 

I laugh lightly as Christian wipes the tears streaming down my face. Who knew I'm so sensitive to romance? "But most importantly, you're the one I want to marry." My jaw drops as I watch him get down on one knee. "I love seeing you dance around the kitchen when you cook or when you come into my office and distract me. I tell you that it annoys me but God, I love it. I love you." 

He digs into his pocket and pulls out a black velvet box with the letters 'AS'. "Anastasia Rose Steele, will you do me a favour and marry me?"