Chapter 30

July

The Red Room of pain is empty. Christian really did keep his promise. I look over to my left and watch him look around the room with a little bit of disappointment in his eyes. "Are you alright?" 

"Yeah, of course I am." 

"You look disappointed." I stand in front of him with a sad smile, rubbing his arm. 

"Okay I am just a little bit." 

"I know. This room is a room where you could dominate and be who you want to be. It must be hard for you." 

"It's okay though because I'd rather have a son who I love than a red room." He grins and looks around the room. "I don't think Olly will appreciate the dark red walls though." Christian chuckles. I agree and walk out of the room with Christian following behind me. 

"You know, next week will mark the day we met each other." I look over my shoulder at him as I get to the stairs. 

"Ana! Careful. You cold fall if you aren't looking." Christian jogs up to me with a terrified expression. Beaming at him, I wrap my hand around his forearm and slowly walk down with him. By the time I reach the bottom step, I'm exhausted. He leads me to the couch and slowly sits me down. "We have to go shopping for the baby's room, his clothes, toys, food-" 

"You don't need to buy food just yet. I'll breastfeed him." 

"We have to buy baby gates! What if he climbs straight into the elevator when we aren't looking? Bye bye baby." Christian panics. 

"I mean, I guess-"

"And what colour are we going to paint his room?" 

"Uh probabl-" 

"Maybe we should have an accent wall!" Christian stands up and nods his head. "Where's a pen and paper when we need one?" 

"Christian! Listen to me." He turns around and furrows his brows. It's kind of adorable to see him so excited and nervous. "I think we should have light grey walls with a white theme." 

"Okay, yeah." 

"And the baby food isn't needed just yet, like I said earlier. And for your information, we don't need a gate for the elevator doors."

"You're right, I'll just keep him in my office whilst I'm working in there." 

I laugh an roll my eyes, standing up carefully. "You can't keep poor Oliver in there. He's going to lose his mind." 

"I'll put a playpen in there and toss a couple building blocks in there." 

"You'll be too distracted both at home and at work." I shake my head. "Come on, we should head out shopping." 

Christian and Taylor carry all fourteen bags worth of baby stuff into Olly's room. We bought paint, clothes, toys, gates. "I can't believe you ended up spending a thousand dollars!" I shake my head at him. 

"I didn't mean it. Everything looks so good." He sighs, placing the bag down. "Thank you, Taylor. That's all I need. You can return back to work." 

"No problem, Sir." Taylor walks out of the room and closes the door. I walk over to one of the bags and pull out a few pots of paint. 

"Okay, so all of the furniture is coming tomorrow and I'm having the builders build a walk in closet and lay the floor with carpet. You wanted cream, right?" 

"Yes, I do." I smile at him, thankful for his help. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" 

"You're kind of cute when you're nervous." 

"Cute? Nervous? I am nowhere near those words." He scoffs dramatically. "I-" He begins but his phone starts to buzz. "Sorry, baby. I'll be back in a bit." Christian kisses my forehead and answers the phone, returning to his professional businessman act. As soon as he closes the door, I open the pot of paint and grab a paintbrush before getting dressed. 

Dipping my paint brush into the grey paint pot, I stare at the red wall and quietly sigh. "Goodbye, Red Room of Pain." I frown but smile as I paint a long stroke of grey onto the area.

"Okay... thank you. Goodbye." I hear Christian finish his business call after a couple hours. The doorknob turns and he steps into the room, currently oblivious of the almost finished room as he's looking down at his phone. "God, that call seemed to go on forever." I hum a reply and continue painting the wall grey. "But it- Anastasia Steele, get off of that chair right now. You could hurt yourself?" 

"Baby, I'm okay. As you can tell I've finished the majority of the room and I haven't been injured." I keep painting, ignoring Christian's order. He lets out a defeated sigh as he approaches me. 

"I like the colour." 

"Me too. I think Oliver will like it too." I smile as I look around.

"Ana, don't move around or you'll fall." He holds onto my waist in a panic. 

"You need to calm down, Mr Grey. I'll be okay." I look down at him with a hopeful smile.