Chapter 8

December 14th 2014

I stood in the middle of the kitchen with Kate, Elliot and Christian. I looked around with tears in my eyes. I held tightly onto Christian's hand. Half of the things were gone. "This place looks so much bigger without all of your stuff thrown about." I chuckle. She sniffles and nods. 

"I know. I remember the day I was sick so you had to fill in for me in an interview and you asked if he was gay." 

"And the time Christian and I walked in on you going at it with Elliot." 

"And when we got ready for the night you would end up meeting Christian." 

"Oh, and that one time you dropped your fork in the garbage disposal and it shredded the fork up before spitting it out." 

"A-and the time you..." Kate let out a shaky sigh before hugging me. I tightly wrap my arms around her and rest my chin on her shoulder. 

"It's not we won't see each other again."

"I know." 

"I'm sure it will be better in Brooklyn where you can start your life together." I whisper. I stroke her back before pulling away. "I can't believe you chose to live in Brooklyn. That's on the other side of the country!" 

"Elliot got a job there so whatever goes, goes." I sigh and purse my lips. 

"But just before graduation?" 

"I know..." 

"You two better go. Don't want you missing your flight. Message me when you get there." 

"I will." 

"Let Mia know I said hi." Elliot said to Christian. Who the hell is Mia? I shrug it off so I don't ruin the moment.

"Bye." I whisper, letting go of her for the first time in a while. Christian said his goodbyes and the door to our apartment shut, leaving Christian and I behind in wicked silence. I let out a sigh and turn to Christian, swallowing my tears away. 

"You okay?" 

"Yep." I nod slowly. "Can we go back to your place? I don't want to be alone." 

"Of course." He takes me by the hand and we make our way into his car. 

It felt refreshing to be back in his apartment. It had become a piece of me. I could come here for love or for comfort. His phone buzzes in his pocket, making him groan. "I'll be right back. Get yourself something to drink." He kisses my cheek and answers the phone with "Christian Grey speaking." I slip off my flats and turn on the fireplace and make my way upstairs to get dressed into something more casual. By now, I've left some of my clothes here so when I do stay, I can get dressed. I slip my clothes off of my body and step into the shower, letting the hot water and steam remove my thoughts. I run my hands through my hair and let out a sigh. I did appreciate Christian being around me but I just needed a little bit of space. 

After the shower, I wrapped my hair and body in two white towels before making my way to my room. I open my dresser drawer and consider just wearing some black pants, but as I search through I find a light pink, silk lingerie set with black lace around the edges. I smirk to myself and pull it on before slipping off the towel around my body and hair. The wet ends of my hair drape over my shoulders, droplets sliding down my breasts. I snatch the robe hanging on my door and make my way downstairs to grab a glass of bubbly. I pop the cork off of the bottle and watch as the golden liquid makes its way into the two glasses. I take a short sip as I open the fridge door to eat a couple strawberries. I nod in approval of my decision as I slam the fridge door shut, wandering over to the fireplace where I could be consumed by the heat. I place the glasses and plastic box of fruits on the coffee table and lay on my back, stretching until I could hear my back click. I let out a smile as I raise my hands over my head. "Hey baby." I hear Christian coo. My heart flutters and I sit up to greet him. 

"Hey." 

"Sorry about that, I had a business call. I'm all yours now." I lean over and grab both of our glasses, making him grin in response. He sits beside me and wraps his arm around me so I lean against his shoulder and sip from my glass. "I have a family Christmas ball to attend to and I was wondering if you would go with me." He hums against my head. At this moment, I could really believe the trust he had for me. 

"Of course." 

"I'll bring in a hair-stylist for you an-."

"Thank you." 

"For?" 

"For everything. You've changed me." He hums, chest vibrating against my head. "I have graduation in a few days. After that, I don't know what will happen." 

"You'll figure it out. You always have and always will." He moves his hand to my shoulder and plants a kiss there. Music plays softly from the radio in the kitchen until one song I particularly like comes on. 

"Oh! I like this song." I carefully place the drink on the floor and I stand up and jog to the kitchen so I can turn it up. 

Listen to: Sacrifice (feat. Jessie Reyez) 

I slowly make my way back over to Christian and slide the robe past my shoulders as I turn and sway my hips, earning a gasp from him. I sway my hips to the song and clutch onto the robe just by my breasts. I dance around in circles, singing the lyrics to him. "So let me, let me just lay you down. Turn me on, take it all tonight." I sing to him as I undo the bow that I made with the robe so my lingerie is on show. 

"Anastasia Steele." He shakes his head, snickers. I drop the robe to my feet before kicking it away. I swing my hips again before straddling his lap. I played with his hands and intertwined them with mine before I pull him up so we can dance together. He lets out a breathy laugh but joins in nonetheless. He spins me around and places his hand on my waist so we can both sway. We stand in front of the fireplace and watch the fire crackle softly. I wish time would pause in this second, right here right now. I turn around and stare into his shining eyes. "You're so gorgeous to me." He purrs. I lick my lips and kiss him. He lightly bites my lip, making me moan against his lips.