Chapter 28

June 

I watch from the balcony doors and look out to the garden where light blue and white balloons sway slowly in the wind

I watch from the balcony doors and look out to the garden where light blue and white balloons sway slowly in the wind. A three layered white and blue spotted cake sat among the plates of food. Around the white tables were tan coloured benches and white umbrellas with meshing floating from the edges. Bouquets of white and baby blue flowers sat around the umbrella pole. Sighing with content, I look down at my growing stomach which really brought out my light blue dress. Everything is blue and white themed if you couldn't tell already. "Anastasia?" I hear Grace say my name from behind me. 

"Hey." I turn around and beam lightly at her. 

"I have an early gift for you." Grace takes a hand out from behind her back and hands me a large but thin box. 

"Oh, thank you. You really didn't have to."

"You are supposed to give gifts at a baby shower." 

"Right. I'm sorry, I've never been to a baby shower so I'm not really sure how to act." I take the box from her and undo the light blue ribbon. "I love the blue ribbon. It goes well with the theme." I grin and open the lid. Inside of the box sat a pair of white flower earrings. "I love them." I bluh. "Would you mind helping me put them on?" I ask. 

"Of course." I pull out the pair and carefully hand them to Grace. As she slides the earrings in, I laugh quietly, startling her. "What's wrong, dear? Did I push them in too deep?" 

"No, no. It's just strange how I'm having a baby shower at my ex-boyfriend's parents house." 

"I guess you can say that is a bit strange, but we are grateful to be able to help you out. It must be very difficult without Christian." 

"Oh, Mother you know that he wouldn't of made that much of a difference if he was around." I hear Mia say from the other side of the room. "Ana, your look amazing by the way." 

"Thank you," I look back at Grace "is it alright if I look at the earrings in the mirror?" 

"You don't have to ask. I'd better lay the tables outside, the guests can't just eat a cake." 

"I can." Mia scoffs, making me laugh.

"Mia Grey." Grace rolls her eyes. 

"Thank you for the gift. I love it." She smiles in response and walks out of the room. "Hey, Mia. It's nice to see you."

"You look surprisingly good in a short dress with a seven month old bump." 

"Surprisingly?"

"I didn't mean it that way. Anyway, Mason is on his way." 

"Oh, that's good. Is he still pissed about Christian not being with me?" 

"Not as much, but he's thrilled to be an uncle." She strokes my bare shoulder with a small smile. The doorbell rings, making me jump. 

"Shit, do I look okay?" 

"Of course." She nods at me and we walk out the room. I hold onto the black metal banister as I wobble down each marble stair. I finally get to the doors in an exhausted pant. 

"Hey!" I say as I open the door, still not registering who was there. "Mason, it's really nice to see you." 

"Congratulations. Let me guess, it's a boy from the decorations?"

"Yep." I pop the 'p'. Mia runs down the stairs and envelopes Mason in a hug. "Right, come on in. The party is held in the back garden." He nods and I lead the way.

" He nods and I lead the way

"Wow, Anastasia. You've really outdone yourself." 

"It wasn't just me, it was mostly Grace and Mia." I smile at him as we wander deeper into the garden. 

"So who's coming?" He asks either one of us. 

"Basically the whole of Seattle. Mom is so excited about this." 

"It's not really the whole of Seattle. It's friends and family from both sides of our families." 

"Oh, someone is here. I'd better go and answer the door." Mia exclaims. 

"Can you take my gift over there for me, Mi?" Mason asks. She rolls her eyes and eventually agrees, taking the gift from him. I raise a brow as she runs off. "So, is lover boy coming?" 

"I doubt it. I mean Grace invited him but he's probably at home working like usual. Dickhead." I scowl, regretting it slightly after I said it. 

Guests and family members approach me with wide smiles and congratulations. Camilla and my mother cried like usual as soon as they saw the baby, friends hugged me and spoke to my stomach, and everyone brought me large gifts and admired the blue and white themed decorations floating about. We all sit around the tables with  laughter as we talked about memories, jobs, children, and our lives. Some people give me advice about children and how to deal with them, others asked about the father. Each time I'm asked about Christian, I can't help but look at his vacant assigned seat. Of course I still miss and love him but if he doesn't come to his own son's baby shower, then I should forget about him completely. Shaking my head slightly, I return back to reality. "So, Ana, have you thought of the name yet?" A friend asks.

"Actually, I have. The father and I have." 

"That's fantastic. What is it?" The crowd bursts into a conversation of name's. 'Jack', 'Thomas', 'Peter'. Not even close. 

"Alright ladies and gents, let her speak." Mason yells over the crowd. They calm down after a minute and Mason helps me up from my seat. 

"The name of my son is going to be Oliver." Everyone applauds and congratulates me just as they did before. I get hugged by everyone but as I look over the crowd around me, I notice a familiar face.

Christian Grey.