Chapter 23

The next morning was exactly the same. And the next. And the next. 

"God, Ana. You don't seem to be getting any better." Is the first thing Christian said as he woke up. 

"I told you, it's probably a virus or something, you know how big Seattle is." 

"Will you be able to go to the New Years party?" 

"I think so." 

"That was a rhetorical question. You aren't going anywhere." 

"I can't let everyone down, Christian." I sigh, turning onto my left side to look at him. "Oh, God." I gulp, rushing to the bathroom once again. Like my usual routine, I vomit all over the toilet. I've been getting better at my aim each time. Christian appears beside me and sits down, patting my back sadly. "I think maybe I should skip the party." I groan, wiping the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand. 

Christian's POV:

She sat beside me with both arms crossed over the toilet, a large strange of hair covered her right side of her face. Her mouth is dry and her face is a pale. Even though she's sick as hell, she looks as beautiful as the night I met her. I move the strand of loose hair away from her face and admire her, feeling guilty at the same time. "I don't think you should be concerned about the party right now. What you should be concerned about right now is that you should go to the hospital." She groans and leans on one of her crossed arms. 

"Really?" 

"Ana, don't be surprised. You're basically on the verge of death. I'd rather you feel better than stay ill for God knows how long." I know it seems like I don't care, but the thing is, I've never had a submissive who's been throwing up everywhere. 

But, the thing is, she isn't just my submissive anymore. 

She's my lover. 

"Okay, just take me there now." I furrow my brows and help her up, flushing the toilet for her. I wash her face and her mouth for her and pick her up bridal style. She's in her long pajamas with her hair down and messy. Her eyes were fluttering closed. 

"Ana? Oh, God, Ana!"

"Christian, chill out. I'm just tired." 

"Oh right." She giggles and closes her eyes. I walk downstairs and carry her to the elevator. I kiss her forehead and notice how hot she is. "You're boiling hot." I sigh as I try to think of reasons why she could be sick. 

The elevator door opens and I step in with Ana still in my arms. "Are you not tired of carrying me?" She quietly. Rolling my eyes, I stare at the decreasing numbers on the small screen above the door with impatience, cursing under my breath. The doors finally open and I step out to where the Audi sits. I unlock the door to the passenger seat and place Ana on the seat and buckle her in. She yawns and leans back further into the chair. I slam the door shut and jog to the other side of the car and drive as fast as I can to the hospital. 

"Excuse me," I ask the receptionist "I need to make an emergency appointment. My partner is continuously vomiting and she's incredibly ill. We need to see a doctor urgently." 

"She doesn't look too good." The lady at the desk tuts as she looks at Ana. 

"Of course not, that's why I brought her here. I need a doctor and I need one now." 

"Okay, sir. Please be patient, I'll get one to you as soon as possible." I nod nervously and sit her down on a chair and sit beside her, holding her hand in her thigh like usual.