Chapter 38

February

It's a lazy Saturday morning. Christian and I stand on the balcony together, leaning over the railings. Our son is asleep in his bedroom and the sun shone down on us as the city is buzzing beneath us. It's like the world has pieced itself together again. Turning to my left, I look at Christian's features. I can't help but admire his features. His jaw and his visible cheekbones, his curly brown morning hair. Sighing, I grab his jaw and turn his head to look at me. "I love you." I whisper, stroking a thumb over his short stubble that's beginning to grow. 

"I wish I could give you the world." He whispers back, his eyes trailing from my eyes to my lips. 

"You already have." I smile slightly, making his eyebrows raise and his lips curl into a smirk "You already have because you are my world." I pull him down to my level and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss. His hands travel to my waist and rests them there, occasionally moaning into my mouth. I jump onto his waist and he pulls away, grinning. Christian leans me against the barrier and gazes into my eyes. I rest a hand on his cheek and admire him before diverting my attention away to the balcony. "You know, this place needs a couple plants and lights and maybe a couch. Oh, and maybe a small table for us to sit at." He chuckles and shakes his head before leaning in for a kiss but Oliver interrupts us. 

"Ah, forgot about him for a minute." Frowning, I pat his cheek and climb down from his hold and into Olly's bedroom. Opening the door, he grins and reveals his gums when he sees me. 

"Hello, darling." I bend over and pick him up, his arms reaching up to me. I lean him against my shoulder and chest and delicately kiss his head. Walking over to my bed, I lay him down and lay beside him, resting a hand on his small tummy. 

I open the drawer to my bedside table and slip in a clear dummy into his mouth to stop him from crying as Christian shakes the bottle of milk

I open the drawer to my bedside table and slip in a clear dummy into his mouth to stop him from crying as Christian shakes the bottle of milk. I change Oliver into a white onesie and wrap a soft white blanket with ears around him. Christian hands me the bottle and I remove the dummy. Olly's mouth opens and reveals a small tooth growing from his top gum. "Christian! Come here," I wave my hand and he walks over, resting a hand on my shoulder "he's teething!" I smile, picking Olly up and resting him in my arms. I slip the bottle lid into his mouth and he begins to drink, occasionally biting on the rubber part. 

I can't help but notice at how perfect my life is. I have a husband and one healthy baby who I'm currently feeding in my arms whilst kicking his legs. Smiling, I look out of the balcony window and sigh. 

                       He gave her his jacket, but she gave him a whole lifetime.