Chapter 20

"It feels like I haven't seen you since... forever!" Kate says, the second the walks through the door. She embraces me in a tight hug, the bag hanging off of her wrist smacks me on the back of my thigh. 

"I take it that's the food?" 

"Nope, it's the finest wine I could find in the corner shop and some chips and stuff." She smiles, both of us looking inside of the bag. 

"I'll empty it out into bowls." I grin, snatching the bag from her. Placing it on the counter, I open it and look at each of the contents inside. I pour the chips and candy into separate bowls and munch on a few salty pretzels. Strolling back to the couch, i notice Kate talking to the delivery guy at the door. "God, i'm starving." I purr, licking my lips. 

"Nobody likes your hungry side, so we could get you fed." Kate shivers, making me giggle. Just before I fall onto the couch with one pizza box in my hand and the bottle of 'fine wine' in the other. I dim the lights. 

"I feel like..." Kate hiccups. She's completely wasted whereas I'm only slightly drunk "we're gonna be best friends until the end of time. If Ch-Christian and Elliot break up with us, we'll still have each other." I hum in reply as I messily braid her hair. It's as if we're twelve all over again. "Do you love Christian?" 

"I think so... yeah."

"You're such a good friend." She sobs a little bit whilst she drinks a little bit more of the wine in her hands. This isn't the first wine bottle she brought earlier. No, this is the third one. Let me inform you that we stole the others in the wine room. Christian is probably going to kill us. Not literally. 

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I smile, giggling loudly. I tuck a strand of hair behind my hair and attempt to push myself off of the couch to take a look at her two french braids. The movie on TV finished, leaving us in silence. "So, what do you wanna watch next? There's 'Me Before You', 'Love, R-" 

"Anastasia Steele." I hear a familiar sound in the doorway of Christian's apartment. 

"Uh..." I begin. Kate gulps and takes another sip from the bottle. "Hey!" I smile, attempting to fix the situation. 

"What the fuck is going on here?" He hisses.

"What do you think we're doing?" Kate snickers. For a second, I sobered up as I realised how annoyed and slightly mad Christian is.

"I didn't ask you, Miss Kavanaugh." 

"Christian." I start, fiddling with my pajama short strings. 

"Kate, I'm kindly requesting for you to leave." He avoids me and looks over my shoulder.

"Can you not see that she's way past drunk?" 

"That was her fault." 

"Can't you just call her a taxi or something?" I plead, feeling guilty for both Christian and Kate. 

"You fix the problem you made. I have work to do." He barges past me, purposely pushing into my shoulder. 

"You know, you don't have to act like a prick." Christian stops in his tracks and scoffs, looking down at the ground with his back towards me. I saw his jaw move but then close as he decides not to say anything. I swallow hard as I watch him walk away. Turning back to Kate, I frown. "I'll call you a taxi." 

"Can you call Elliot?" 

"Sure. I'll make you some tea." I fake smile. She lays down and places a head on her forehead.