Chapter 16

Christian's POV

My family came back to my apartment and stayed over for the night.

I opened his eyes to meet Anastasia's sleeping ones. It was still dark outside and the only light source was the lights in the hallway that Kate insisted we keep on as she was sleeping just down the hall from us. Gazing at Ana's sleeping figure beside me, I stroked her hair softly, knowing there was no way I would be able to fall back asleep. There were a few knocks on the door of our bedroom and Mia slowly opened the door and noticed that Anastasia was still fast asleep in my arms.

"Morning, Christian. Merry Christmas." She whispered, tiptoeing into the room and closing the door behind her.

"Why are you in here? Shouldn't you be asleep?" I asked, pulling the covers over Ana's naked back.

"Yeah, I know but I was thirsty and then I decided to check in on everyone." She whispers, her voice breaking.

"Shh, Ana's still asleep. Keep your tone down."

Right on cue, Ana shifted closer to me, but still asleep. "Go and check if Elliot and Kate are awake." I instructed. Nodding, she stood up and closed the door, making the room peaceful again. Lowering my lips to her forehead, I gave her a long kiss so she would wake up. Ana took a deep breath in as she woke up. This is one of my favourite things about her, when she breathes in softly and stretches against me, attempting to go back to sleep.

"God, it's so early."

"Merry Christmas."

"Good morning, Christian." She said, her eyelids fluttering open again so she could look at me. Pushing herself up on her elbows. "How'd you sleep?" She murmured, rubbing her eye. 

"I slept well, thank you." 

"I have a big surprise for you for the end of the night." 

"Is that so?"

"Yep, but you'll have to wait."  

I groan and roll onto my back. "You're such a tease, Miss Steele." She chuckles and winks before brushing her loose hair out of her face. "Come, let's get dressed and have breakfast." I toss the covers off of my side of the bed and pull on my boxers and sweatpants in the drawer near my bed. After getting dressed, I lean against the wall and cross my arms over my stomach so I can watch Ana comfortably. She opens her usual underwear drawer and gasps when she notices what's inside. 

"A gift?" She turns around to look at me with her eyebrow raised. 

"Open it." 

"Why isn't it under the tree?" She giggles, shaking the box. 

"You'll have to wait and see why." 

"Now who's the tease?" She smirks and shakes her head, undoing the red lace and dropping it on the floor beside her. Lifting the lid of the box, she lets out a raspy laugh and lifts up the gift. A set of black lacy lingerie. "I love it, how did you know I wanted this?" 

"I know everything about you, darling." I purr, making me way over to her with a grin on my face. "Try it on for me." 

"Now?" 

"Yes, now." She sits down on the edge of the bed and angelically slips her legs into the lace fabric and pulls the bra over her shoulders, clipping it on in one swift movement. 

"How does it look?" 

"You have no idea what I want to do to you right now..." 

"Yeah, well that must suck because we have some more gifts to unwrap." She pokes my chest and walks over to the door to put on her dressing gown. I follow behind her, watching her hips as they sway from side to side. 

Anastasia's POV

I knock on the door where Kate and Elliot were staying in, Christian following behind me, desperate for a single touch. 

He has no idea what he's in for tonight.

I wait for two seconds and open the door. Kate is sat on top of Elliot, kissing him. Well, as I'd like to call it: 'sucking his face off'. I grimace and look back at Christian, shrugging. He lets out an awkward cough and the pair of them look over at us. "Merry Christmas." I giggle. Kate jumps off of the bed and runs over to me, embracing me in a hug. Thank the lord she's dressed. I hug back and laugh into her shoulder. 

"Merry Christmas. You two, hurry up because we all want to open our gifts now." 

"Yeah, yeah. We'll be down in a minute." 

"You have ONE minute, or else." I joke, closing the door behind me and making my way downstairs with Christian. His parents are already downstairs, his mother making drinks and his father watching TV, and Mia sat by the piano, pressing a couple notes. 

"Morning, lovebirds." Mia smiles at us. 

"Merry Christmas, I hope you two slept well?" Grace asks. 

"We did, thank you, mother." Christian walks over to her and kisses her cheek. I say Merry Christmas to his father as well and walk back over to Grace. 

"Coffee or tea, dear?" 

"I'll have tea, a little bit of milk and two teaspoons of sugar, please." I smile at her. "Let me help." 

"Oh, no, no. You two go and occupy yourselves for a moment." I turn around to look at Mia and she's pestering Christian about something, like usual. 

"Let's open the gifts shall we?" I ask as soon as Kate and Elliot come downstairs. 

We all had the most perfect gifts. There were watches, jewelry, makeup, perfumes, shoes, ties. There were a few more gifts under the tree. We grabbed the ones assigned to us. Grace opened hers first. A pair of diamond earrings from Christian. "Thank you, my darling. I love it." She gracefully smiles and places the small leather box down beside her. Carrick opened his gift. An expensive Chanel perfume from Elliot. Next was Kate. She received a twin spa day from me. Then it was me. All eyes were on me and Christian. He hands me a box. I raise a brow, eager to find out what is inside. I tear off the first layer of wrapping paper and another box is revealed, and then another, and then another until I get down to the last small box. I blush as I open the lid. Inside is sat a small golden ring. 

"Christian..." Grace and Mia gasp, leaning over the box to look. 

"I know, I've only known you for six months now. It's a promise ring. I promise that I'll marry you one day and one day we'll start the family that you desire." My eyes instantly fill up and I look from him to the ring. 

"This is the most thoughtful thing someone has ever done for me." I smile at him, tears dropping. 

"Let me get you a tissue." Kate stands up and jogs to the kitchen. 

"Can you put the ring on for me?" Christian nods and pulls the ring out from the box and pushes it onto my finger. I examine the diamond, a smile never leaving my face. 

"Look at the bottom of the ring." I turn my hand and on the outside it read: 'CG AS'