Chapter 2

It took forever for the class to end. As soon as the bell rang, Max passed a scowl in my direction and then paced out. What did he mean by what he said earlier? I am going to pay for parking my car in some stupid spot? What is he, the car police?

"Eva!"

I freeze on the spot in the hallway, my legs suddenly heavier for no solid reason. What does he want from me now? And, most importantly, does he know my name, when we've not even had any conversation yet? Unless, his little 'threat' would count as a chat. Seriously, who can settle in a place where monsters in face of Max roam freely? He's clearly a spoiled brat from the way he treats people around him.

At this time, when there are classes going on, the hallway seems strangely quiet, save for the heavy footsteps of Max getting closer to me. He clearly wants me to stop, yet I quicken my pace. No sooner has he side stepped me, as he stands in front of me, with his hands slipped in his pockets.

He looks looking straight into my eyes (and he's a fair 5 inches taller than me), and speaks, "Do you really think you can get away with this? Poor Jimmy had to suffer because of you." His lips curve into a smile. If he weren't an obnoxious man, I would have (maybe) found his smile genuine.

My eyes become wide with disbelief. "Are you kidding? Please, don't tell me you had that poor boy thrown in some trash can." I urge to slap that smug smile off his face, but considering I literally just moved here and it is my very first day, I should test my patience. "I just parked my car in your damn spot. And you know what? I'm not even sorry about it," I reply harshly.

He grins from ear to ear. "Oh, you are so going to be sorry for it, Eva."

God, I am drained already.

My brain starts to work properly now. "How the hell do you know my name?"

"It's easy for me to access information." He now crosses his muscular arms over his broad chest.

I laugh sarcastically. "Who are you, some secret spy detective?"

"Would you want me to be that?" When I don't reply to his stupid answer he continues. "Nobody has ever dared to even stand up against me. You, however had the nerve to just straight out park your car where mine stands every day. Must I say, you're very brave to do something like that, considering it is your first day at Beads High School." He leans against the lockers, crossing a foot over the other.

I'm pretty much left speechless. I can't believe he has just said that.

"And seems like you have nothing to do in your narcissistic life, considering you're spending that precious time chatting with me." I purposely added some more emphasis on chatting, because that is definitely what we aren't doing.

"Time will tell that, young lady," he sings. Someone calls his name, and he grins at me before walking away.

I open my locker, put in my Bio book, mentally cursing Max in my mind.

"Hello."

I turn around to look who just greeted me, thankful I didn't punch them as an opportunity to unleash my wrath built up inside me due to the little encounter with Max. It's a girl with dark blonde hair, green eyes, perfect pouty lips, and the perfect brows. "Hi, I'm Eva." I offer her my hand and she takes it in her slightly sweaty ones.

"I'm Rosalie, you may call me Rose," she informs and gives me a cute smile. "I guess you're new here?" She asks and I nod. "What's your next class?"

"Physics," I tell her.

"Same! Would you like to walk with me?" She seems like a nice girl to me. Definitely better than the arrogant prick I just talked to.

"Sure, why not."

The whole lesson passed in a blur. We didn't listen to a thing the teacher said. And I got to know some interesting facts about Max.

1. His full name is Max Ward.
2. He just turned 18.
3. His father gave his company to Max as a present for his birthday. So, now, he's a billionaire. Because his company is one of the richest in the world. Though, the question remains that how in the world is he going to run it? For God's sake, he's just 18, doesn't matter if his ego is bigger than that.
4. He's the biggest mean boy of the school. Or worse, of New York.
AND,
5. If he ever says 'you are so going to pay for it' he actually means it.

So, I'm in real trouble, mate.