Chapter 28

After dropping Emma off to Rose's house, we made our way back to our house so Eva, and I could get ready for dinner we are gonna have at a restaurant.

I'm straightening my tie, when the bathroom door swings open and a gorgeous, super cute Eva is standing nervously, chewing on her bottom lip.

My whole body tenses, and I'm literally seconds away from cancelling this dinner or make her wear something decent.

She's wearing a cream colour dress that rests just above her knees. Slightly decent but not much of my liking.

"You cannot wear that, Eva. Nope no way," I blurt, shaking my head right and left with probably a crease on my forehead.

Does my lovely wife, might I mention how amazing she is, love to give me heart attacks ever so often? I mean, aren't there decent clothes in this world that'd protect her from all the pricks out there?

"You have to bare because I am sooo not changing," she tosses back, air quoting 'so'.

Such a teaser.

"Could you listen to me once?" I demand with raised brows.

Honestly, I am scared of how lucky I was to get a beautiful soul like Eva. She's been the light in my life when I was a mass of darkness, when I didn't used to care at all. She pulled me back out of the whole I had fallen in, and then she payed for something I was responsible for. She had to bare the consequences of my mistakes and still she had a hope for me.

I can never stop fearing her loss. She's too precious to me, means more than just a wife. Our bond is greater than just of marriage because together we're a team, who fights even when the enemy has the battle in their hands.

"Earth to Max!"

I blink back to reality. She pouts lightly, warming my heart with her expressions.

"I thought when I am with you I don't need to worry about anything, let alone a stupid dress," she says.

And she is right.

I nod with a half smile. "If you think this dress is stupid, then why wear it?"

"If you think I am changing it, then you can carry on with the fantasies for all I care."

Oo, feisty.

"You can wear it on one condition," I say. Her eyes roll back in. I smirk, delirious.

"What."

"Promise me that you'll never leave me and always stay by my side." I am not shocked that my voice became almost a whisper at the end of my sentence, maybe because I am afraid to even think about Eva not being in my life.

Her features soften while her eyes lock with mine.

"You don't need to make me promise because Max, I cannot even dream of leaving you." She places a shaky hand on my shoulder. Breathes in, then out. "I—I have been having these crazy nightmares of you leaving us—and—and it scares me so much."

Why didn't I know that?

"I am not going anywhere, sweetheart. Know that." This conversation took a turn south real quick. Not having any patience to see even a single tear in her eyes, I grab her hand and stride across the room towards the door.

"Slow down, will you?"

My grin returns in place. "Oh, why though? Have we stopped going for morning walks recently?" She frowns, knowing damn well that denying my offer of staying active by early workouts and gym has got her all lazy and very unhealthy.

"Shush up!"

Oh, I just started.

"And, it's not your age to wear," I gesture at her feet, "such heels. You're a mommy now."

She gasps, leaving behind all the high school drama queens. "You did not just say that! I am the most amazing and beautiful proud mother of a very beautiful angel! And this mother is currently planning on murdering her husband!"

And she begins to throw girly punches at me.

After she was done harassing me, we left for dinner.

Honestly, I couldn't ask for a more perfect gift than my family.

****
Hey sweethearts!
Hope you all are having a great day and spreading positivity🐠🐬
We're almost reaching the end 😬
Ax