Chapter 8

The Suns slanting rays fall through the windows and onto my face. The chirping of the birds brings a smile to my face and I sit up straight with a satisfied feeling.

I need to thanks Max for the ride back home, because as soon as I sat in his car, the soft and warm seats sent me to a peaceful slumber.

Pushing the sheets away, I tie my long hair back in a messy bun, and head to the bathroom. I do a quick work of brushing my teeth along with the usual stuff.

By 7:45, I am dressed, and ready to face the day with a smile on my lips. There are very few days when I feel enthusiastic and slightly happy. But I never know the reason.

"I am going!" I shout, grabbing the car keys from the lounge room.

"Have fun, and behave nicely!" Hailey warns with a hint of sarcasm. I roll my eyes at her mommy behaviour and walk out into the dazzling Sun.

~

Honk! Honk! Honk!

My brows furrow in confusion as I spin on my heels to the sound of a car honking behind me. Damn, who got your knickers in a twist?

My face lights up upon seeing the man in the car before my eyes. I fold my arms over my chest and raise a brow. He smirks at me when he notices my raised eyebrows and comes out to me.

"May I ask the reason for the honking?" I ask him as a way of greeting. My lips twitch at the corners but I manage to not smirk and keep on a straight face.

He shrugs casually, eyeing me with thought. "I wanted your attention."

"And you couldn't park your car like a normal person," I say looking over his shoulder to his car abandoned at a weird spot, blocking the road, "then call out my name, or jog to me?"

His face breaks into a boyish grin. "Following the rules is too mainstream, don't you think?" The blue of his eyes is really standing out in the black of his shirt. For some reason his usual 'rich man' hairstyle is not done, rather the hair are sticking out in all places. He looks young, despite his behaviour.

I nod at the school gates. "Let's go inside, but park your car like a normal student. The school doesn't care if you are a millionaire."

"Billionaire, sweetheart," he corrects and I cannot help but roll my eyes.

"It's the same thing."

The rest of the free time before class begins was wasted in Max whining about the differences between a millionaire and a billionaire. Of course, a millionaire has millions of dollars, and a billionaire billions. Other than that, I didn't get a thing he said.

"So, wanna hang out tonight?" Rose asks as we walk to our locker together. The first period is over, and now we have Physics. Rose makes it easy to bare Physics with her silly jokes and whining about possibly everything. She's become my really good friend.

"I am not sure. It's a school night," I remind her, unlocking my locker, and grabbing the thick Physics book, along with the guide.

"Soooo? It'll be fun! We'll go for shopping and buy expensive clothes for the events ahead of us. Please say yes?" She pouts.

Even if I wanted to go with her, I couldn't. I need to save money for the future, and if I will spend them on clothing and other stuff, I would be left penniless. And besides, Rose always wears the most expensive brands that I can't afford. She has her parents to pay her school fees and all. I have my sister only.

"I'm sorry, Rose. Maybe some other time?" I reply apologetically with a sad voice. I hope she doesn't take it personal.

Her face falls but she smiles nonetheless. "That's okay! Come on, let's go for the class."

********************

Hello sweethearts!
I know this chap is really short, but I promise I'll write a longer next time.
And I'm gonna be adding a new character (a very handsome young man), so don't miss out the next chap.
The real fun has just begun.
And I am trying really hard to make it interesting. Hope you all liked it till here.
Ax.
You might like my other books too!

Finding his cinderella

That Girl with Fangs

Etc. :)