Chapter 5

I'm not even a bit surprised to see a limousine waiting for us.

"You didn't have to show off," I say to him, as he closes the door behind him. He told me that Hailey went out with her Peter, and she asked him to deliver this message to me. And he also said that Hailey is hot. Pervert.

"Yes, I had to." That's it. This is his only reply great. The driver opens the door for me to squeeze in through but I'm stopped midway.
"What?" I ask Max curiously.

"You look beautiful," he compliments with complete honesty. I can see it in his deep blue eyes. His face softens a little and I see a normal 18 year old. Not an arrogant, control freak billionaire. But it's gone in seconds and the cocky Max is back.

My face flushes. "Thank you," I manage to reply.

The journey to the party was not that interesting. He just told me around how to communicate with men, and not to keep on staring at the place and people like you're experiencing it for the first time (as if I was actually gonna stare). Just this and that.

He places a hand on the small of my back, guiding me towards the buildings entrance. My nerves are all over the place as the huge glass door come in my view. I would be a lier to I'm not excited, because who wouldn't be?

His husky voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "I thought I could survive with you wearing this dress, but damn I was completely wrong." He says it with a little bit of irritation.

What the hell does that mean? Am I not looking according to his standards? Isn't my body matching with this stupid dress? Am I not pretty enough for him?

"You're the meanest guy ever, Max," I whisper sadly, my voice hoarse. I'm fighting the biggest battle with my tears.

He stops and looks at me. "Hey, I didn't mean it in that sense," he soothes me, as he reaches forward and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "What I meant was that you...look beautiful, Eva. I'll trample if anyone even checks you out." He offers me a half smile.

Did I just hear Max say this? Max Ward?

He's being so damn cute! I almost feel better now, even though i know it's probably one of the many lines he's used on girls, and it's a big fat lie. But I do pass him a smile.

We reach the fourth floor, and enter the already lit party.
Wow! It's really beautiful.
The atmosphere is filled with heavy expensive scents. Hmm, total male scents. I try to inhale in as much as I can. The lightning is dim, and waiters are roaming around carrying different liquids in their trays. I take in all the area.. but...

There is not a single trace of something female!

"Max, what the heck? This place is filled with men. Just men! Why would you bring me along with you?" I spit at him, trying my best to keep my voice low.

A man waves a hand in out direction, and then walks to us. "Shut up, Eva," Max whispers in my ear, and plasters a fake work smile on his face. "Mr. Alberto, how are you?" He reaches out his hand to Alberto big guy, and they perform a little handshake.

The big guy is wearing a grey suit. He's around in his mid thirties. His hair are the darkest shade I've ever seen in my life. His eyes cold, and I scoot closer to Max when he looks me over, and then his eyes resting on my face. I've been here for like a few minutes and I'm already regretting.

From the corner of my eye, I see Max shooting daggers at him, and he clenches his jaw. He possessively wraps his arm around my shoulder and squeezes lightly. I instantly feel safe.

"My boy!" He slaps Max on the shoulder. "What a piece you chose," he speaks, looking at me again.

"Mr. Alberto, don't test my patience," Max warns aggressively.

"Do tell me when you dump her like others," he replies, grinning and then walks away passing me a dirty lustfull look.

Bile rises in my throat as I watch him disappear in the crowd of people. "I feel nauseous," I groan loudly, pulling on a tired expression.

Max looks all but fine. His eyes hold a hint of worry while he clenches and unclenches his jaw. "I shouldn't have brought you with me," he says, running fingers through his hair. I can tell by his face that he's being honest.

Shaking my head, I murmur, "Its fine. Don't worry. I just... just get scared of men like him. They're so disgusting."

"We're going, come on." He makes a move to grab my hand but I back away.

"Are you crazy? You don't have to babysit me. Enjoy your party!" I whine, trying to put some sense into him. But I know he won't listen to me.

His eyes perform a 180. "Don't test my patience."

I agreed with him when that ugly man gave me another knowing smirk.

**********

Yayyyy!!!!!
hmmmm.
Feel free to comment and tell me if you like Max.
Stay tuned.
P.s comment and vote.
Ax