Chapter 21

*Max's POV*
7 days. 7 torturous days have passed and there's still no sign of her. I've been going out of my mind. I can't think straight. I don't know where he took her. The police is trying their best, but nothing.

It's like they've vanished into thin air.
Poof.
Gone.

And in these 7 days I've realised that I love her.

I love her with devotion and purity; I had in mind that we're going to be together forever, no matter what we had to face. But things.. they never stay the same. There comes a dark night after every sunny day.

Being away from her made me realise it was never the physical love which made it special, it was something different- a connection between two souls.

As I'm surrounded by different people, tasks, I still feel her presence, her smile, her silliness. I'm not with her, but find myself with her all the time.

This feeling of being with her makes love worth it.

She looks past every flaw to find the person inside, the real me, and in that moment I know I'm perfectly imperfect for her.

The waitress places my coffee on the table, and winks at me before striding away. I roll my eyes, completely annoyed, and take a big sip of my warm coffee.

Suddenly, I remember that I had to cancel a meeting which is to be held at 1pm, and because I'm going crazy and worrying myself to death, I need to call dad and inform him.

As soon as I pick my phone, it starts to vibrate. I'm getting a call from an unknown number, and wonder who that could be. He/she better not annoy me more, because I will not think twice before locating, and then strangling them.

"Hello?" I speak.

"Ma- M- can- me-.."

I can't hear some her properly but I know this voice.

"Hey, could you repeat what you're saying?" I say.

There's silence for a few seconds and then when the caller speaks, my heart stops beating.
"MAX! Oh godddd! Max, can you hear me?"

Eva?

Oh god.

Oh my freakin' GOD!

Hope bubbles inside me, and I bolt up, quickly slapping some dollars on the table.
"Eva? Do you know where you are? Can you tell me? Are you hurt?" I panick as the thought of Gideon hurting him circles my mind.

She's sobbing, trying her best to be quiet. I can feel my baby girl. No matter wherever she is.

"I- I don't know. Max, please save me. Please! He's hurting me a lot." She desperately cries and my heart skipped a beat on hearing her broken voice.

I quickly slide in my car, and start the engine, not knowing where to go. Taking in a deep breath, I speak, "Shushh.. It's going to be fine, baby girl. Isn't there something you could tell me? The view? Where is Gideon?" I grip the steering wheel hard in an attempt to cool myself down.

"I don't see anything.. Gideon is- NO! Max, find me!! Please! Help me...." she goes quiet, and I hear a loud bang.

"I love you," she whispers and the line disconnects.

I curse every damn thing in this universe, and cry for eternity.